Looking For Support To Get To My Goal!!!!

Options
Hello! My name is Nellie I'm 33 yrs old. I am a nursing student and mother of three. I have been obese most of my adult life. I'm ready to change that TODAY!!!! I want to be around for my kids when they have kids. I want to be a pediatric nurse and I feel like I need to set a example for not only my future patients but my kids I preach to them everyday what not to eat and to get off their buts and move while Im sitting in front of the tv or reading my book basic sitting on my big butt. NO MORE!!!! I have had many health problems that I know now being in school that what I have can and will lead to a early death I have high blood pressure (180/110) last time at the drs) I have diabetes(last a1c was 5.5 but that was 3 yrs ago) My legs have neropathy Im on five different medications daily and I have been having issues with my sugar dropping fast. Lets just say I'm tired of being tired!!!!! :sad: So I decided to try this website out I heard good and bad things about it. I am hoping that I can find a few supporters and hopefully become friends that have over 100 pounds to lose. We can keep each other on track and motivate on them bad days that I know are coming . I'm going to check out the groups hopefully I can find one that I can join. Well thats alittle about myself. Everyone Have a Great Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP NELLI!!! THIS SITE IS THE BEST I HAVE LOST OVER 60 POUNDS BUT IT WILL REQUIRE DEDICATION AND MOTIVATION ON YOUR PART, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT YOU MUST DO WHAT IT SAYS EVERY DAY!!! EAT IN YOUR CALORIE RANGE AND EXCERISE YOUR HEART OUT!! JUST DONT MAKE EXCUSES AND YOU WILL BE FINE...
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You will find great support here at mfp, and lots of ideas & support to help you reach your goals, one step at a time. Have added you. Am also a nurse x
  • WittyTrisha
    Options
    Hello Nelli, and welcome to MFP! You have taken the first step by getting up and wanting do it. That's great continue, to push through. You don't have to see the whole staircase, to take the first step. Good for you!