June 1 MFP Runner's Club

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good Morning!

I ran 8 miles today. This is my longest distance run to date.:drinker:

I did not think I would make it. It was 80 degrees and 98% humidity at 8 am.

Enjoy the day! I must go and die now...:bigsmile:

-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I ran 8 miles today. This is my longest distance run to date.:drinker:

I did not think I would make it. It was 80 degrees and 98% humidity at 8 am.

Enjoy the day! I must go and die now...:bigsmile:

-Kechie.
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 8 miles... that's awesome!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Good job, kechie. I think you've earned some well deserved rest. We've had all ballet all weekend and it's not over yet, so I'm contemplating some running time.

Happy trails to all!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Way to go Kechie! :flowerforyou:

I just ran 5miles. New shoes are great!

Have a great day!
    Mireille
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Kechie~ You are definetely the running goddess of the board!!! :love: WTG!!!! :drinker:

Mireille - I was thinking about you this morning wondering how the new shoes felt. Glad you liked them.

I'm being the domestic goddess today, but may try to sneak a few miles in. But...probably not. :bigsmile:

Enjoy the rest of the day ladies!! :smooched:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Way to go Kechie! I'm going to lift weights and maybe do 3 miles on the elliptical this morning, but nothing heavy after my long run yesterday. I have to get ready for my daughter's birthday next weekend and Bunco at my house on Wednesday. I was planning on doing some of it yesterday, but my daughter and I went and saw the new Sex in the City movie instead. So now I have lots to do today! Have a good day everyone!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Whew! Just finished 5.25m on my treadmill a few minutes ago.....gotta get hair and makeup done, oh, and I'll probably get ready, too.:tongue: Yeah, she's only 6......:smooched:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

Feet be damned I am going for 5 today! Got the doctors ok, did a test run yesterday and feel great today so I am going for it, I love how I feel when the run is over, sometimes I am so proud of my self I have a little tear of happiness roll down my red hot cheeks!

8439.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

Feet be damned I am going for 5 today! Got the doctors ok, did a test run yesterday and feel great today so I am going for it, I love how I feel when the run is over, sometimes I am so proud of my self I have a little tear of happiness roll down my red hot cheeks!

8439.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That's cute! Good luck!! :drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yowza Kechie!!

You are my hero!!!!:love:

I have been slacking in the running department. These past 2 weeks have been very bad.. very, very bad. I did manage to walk 1.5 miles though! I'm sure that counts for somethin... right?:ohwell:

Someone kick my *kitten* please.... I have to get back in the game. But not today... birthday girls can do whatever they want or do not want to do :bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow Kechie, how inspiring!:drinker:

Congratulations to all who ran today. :smile: I bike commuted to work today but plan to run tomorrow.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    8 miles! You're my hero!

I ran a 10k. It was my first. 6.25 miles.

side note:
    when I was in middle school i ran track because there was no try-outs for the track team. I wanted to do something athletic and track was an accepting bunch. I was so slow. I ran with the other "fat kids" in the 800. My parents wouldn’t come because they were embarrassed (they now openly admit this detail). Today I ran 6.25 miles...take that eighth grade body awkwardness!