WEIGHTS1

Options
Have been eating my TDEE past 3 weeks and planning to eat for 8 weeks
during my reset time i have gained 2 kgs .and 2inches over the entire body......... is it fine to gain so?

Replies

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    help plz
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    You shouldnt gain on TDEE...lower your cals 100 per day till you stop gaining.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If your caloric intake matches your TDEE and you are gaining weight, then your TDEE was calculated incorrectly. Period.

Also, why are you doing a reset if I may ask? A reset usually takes a single meal, not 8 weeks - not kidding here.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    If your caloric intake matches your TDEE and you are gaining weight, then your TDEE was calculated incorrectly. Period.

Also, why are you doing a reset if I may ask? A reset usually takes a single meal, not 8 weeks - not kidding here.

In a sense if shes been dieting for a while at low levels she would need some time to regulate leptin and create a pattern with her body. Sure a single meal could help but going 2 weeks is what I generally recommend.
    I dont get the 6 week thing.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    sure will lower my calories ........ but my question is after stopping my weight gain how long should i be on that calorie and then how should i adjust my calorie to lower my weight again?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    sure will lower my calories ........ but my question is after stopping my weight gain how long should i be on that calorie and then how should i adjust my calorie to lower my weight again?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • seansquared
    Options
    In a sense if shes been dieting for a while at low levels she would need some time to regulate leptin and create a pattern with her body. Sure a single meal could help but going 2 weeks is what I generally recommend.

Again, depends on what kind of "reset" we're talking about. Almost all of them are done with a single huge meal.

The ONE reset that takes upwards of 10 days is real muscular exhaustion, the kind from over-training aerobically, i.e. a marathon followed by a 5K without a break between to eat back the thousands of calories burned and sleep to recover from the muscular damage.
  • seansquared
    Options

You can shift from gaining to cutting on a dime without any real concern.

The way I shift between the two, from bulking to cutting:

Determine cutting target.
    Lower cals by X cals per day where X is the difference between bulking minus cutting divided by 5. This way I stretch the decline over 5 days.

...and that's it. Lost over 80lbs, increased all lifts substantially, cut bodyfat from 28% to 17% so far.
  • jmzz1
    Options

You can shift from gaining to cutting on a dime without any real concern.

The way I shift between the two, from bulking to cutting:

Determine cutting target.
    Lower cals by X cals per day where X is the difference between bulking minus cutting divided by 5. This way I stretch the decline over 5 days.

...and that's it. Lost over 80lbs, increased all lifts substantially, cut bodyfat from 28% to 17% so far.
    i am sry to say i just could not understand ur above equation ...... what do u mean by "lower calories","cals per day","difference between bulking","cutting"....... all these termonologies are going over my head
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    I went back thru your macros...you are way low on protein and your carbs jumped from roughly 150's range to almost 275-300. Your going to hold a lot of water and carbs go straight to fat if you are not burning them off.

My personal experience...I have been slowly upping my calories, monitoring my carbs, keeping protein where it should be, filling in with good fats, I am still losing but it is slowing down. So I suspect I am reaching my limit soon.

Everyone is different, but for me, when I up my carbs to over 180/200 range I start putting on pounds ( some water as carbs hold water) but I also gain in my abdomen, bloat probably. The weight stayed for over 3 weeks, I backed down on carbs and it came off and has stayed off. I have one really high carb day a week close to 200-225 and make sure my low carb day is right after that.
    The rest are 50-70 on rest days, 125 or so moderate days, 150 on heavy lift days. Cheat meal/day 200 or so.

Try backing your carbs down and upping your protein. Bring your calories down a little bit, but not as low as you were. I would probably back down to 1500 range and slowly go up from there.

I am just about convinced that for MOSTpeople (not all) the recommendation of 200-300 carbs a day is way too much.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    i have calculated my TDEE based on that military calculator .......... but still seem to increase weight
  • seansquared
    Options
    i am sry to say i just could not understand ur above equation ...... what do u mean by "lower calories","cals per day","difference between bulking","cutting"....... all these termonologies are going over my head

You said you were gaining.

You now want to lose, i.e. cutting.

Simply put - find your new target calories that will make you lose weight, and then just slowly reduce your caloric intake over 5 days until you are at that new daily target.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    i have calculated my TDEE based on that military calculator .......... but still seem to increase weight

Its not perfect.
    Youll lose if you find the proper number.
    Just cut 100cals/day till you stop gaining and start losing.