I hate it when I can't sleep!!

Options
I wanna munch on food!!! OMG......why can't I just sleep like a normal person? Is there a way to fight the late night munchies? Help!! Please?:yawn:

Replies

• Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm a crappy sleeper too, I usually don't fall asleep until one in the morning...even with sleeping pills. So to avoid the munchies I usually read a book, watch TV, knit, play around on the computer, play video games, do my homework. If I absolutely MUST eat something then I eat berries or a piece of fruit!

Good Luck!!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    join the club! ug! there is nothing better to eat than chocolate and wine at this time of night too!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Yesterday I found it so hard to sleep, I was up at 4 (I had a nightmare about my ex)

I ate cereal and I went back to sleep.. I gained a pound.

Late night snacks always make you gain
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank god someone else deals with this! I work part-time nights and part-time days so sometimes I get about an hour or two of sleep for 4-5 nights in a row.

How not to eat?? I keep a picture of myself at the biggest weight I ever was at and ask myself if a piece of candy or chips or any type of food is worth it. Then I guzzle a TON of water and that usually fills my tummy up.

You can get through it!

P.S. My tummy is totally hungry right now!
  • marianna2010
    Options
    I get up quite often in the middle of the night...take 1 juicy bite of an apple or 1 small bite of anything, drink water, and crawl back into bed. As long as I get a 'little something of anything' im ok. chew slowly, make something seem like it's more than it is. cut it up into 10 tiny pieces before eating. And, if you still cant sleep, do something...laundry, dishes, billing, tv, then go back to bed again if you can.

Oh yeah, if all else fails and I'm still tempted, i get naked and look in the mirror for motivation!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    LOL. I don't even look in the mirror while naked before I get in the shower...I'll save that for 100 pounds down the road. :-)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello nightowls! Trouble sleeping here too! Sometimes if I can't get back to sleep I drink a glass of warm skim milk. I feel your pain! I envy those who sleep well!
  • ryanchemist
    Options
    I drink hot tea without sugar or milk. It seems to take care of it. There is always a good book, grading students papers, working on new lectures, and organizing or cleaning things. Right before trying to get back to sleep, I drink some water and add a few berries or a hand full of muslei just to keep me sleeping the rest of the night ... but not until I am ready to sleep.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I don't like to do it often but I used to wake up starving. I'd drink water and that just wouldn't do it. I would have a small piece of lunchmeat and drink some water. It never caused weight gain for me unless I ate carbs.