NSV December 16th share yours

Options
Ghette
Ghette Posts: 350 Member
:bigsmile: Doing a happy dance! I bought a new winter jacket in a XL. I was so excited because I have always been in 2x or 3x. BUT that's not what was so deserving of the happy dance. I went to wear it last night and had to take the tags off. It said LARGE I thought no f@cking way!! I had to look at the inside tag, :noway: I got the hubby to double check. :heart: He thought I was losing it. I'll be doing my happy dance all day. :happy: I haven't seen the scale moving to much but I have been lifting weights and doing strength training. I guess it's working.
Share your NSV today!

Replies

• Shawneb66
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!! Enjoy your Victory!! You deserve it!!
  • ctj101502
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's so exciting when we see results. Everyone tells us were losing and looking good but until you see... Its like ummmmmm ok, if you say so. Lol
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Started on my weight loss/fitness program on the 1st of Nov/2012 and although I have only lost 18# I was surprised and elated that one of my co-workers commented on how I looked like I had lost weight when we gathered for our annual management Xmas party this past week.

I was so pumped, I figured I would enjoy a few more beers and appetizers then I had originally planned. Unfortunately 2 days later I had an 3 extra pounds LOL. That’s ok tho... I feel so much better already and I guess a little splurge every now and then is well earned and deserved.

MFP is awesome, so glad I found it and record my daily intake and exercise. It really helps to stay on top of things. It is definitely working for me.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i went to bootcamp even though i went out drinking last night
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Way to go peeps!!!

My nsv is successfully (hey one day at a time) logging my calories for food...as I mentioned earlier, I have suffered from EDs since I was 17 and 3 years of no symptoms, free of triggers, binges, purging, over-exercising, etc, I have begun tracking calories so I can get with the fitness programme properly (guessing was leaving me feeling exhausted, as I was not eating enough for weight training and cycling and running, etc)
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Doing the happy dance for you my love :)
    Sooo pleased for you :)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an AWESOME NSV! Keep up the GREAT work!

My NSV today was putting on my Old Navy Size 6 Jeans and them being so loose that I could pull them down without unbuttoning! Woo hoo!!!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone :happy:

Yesterday, my size 14 (UK) jeans kept sliding down, so I plucked up the courage to get my favourite size 12 skinny leg jeans from the wardrobe (not been able to wear them for around 18 months!) and they pulled up, buttoned and not even a muffin top!! Today, this gave me the courage to buy a full length mirror - only seen myself shoulders up in the bathroom cabinet for the last two years!

When I started here on 28th August this year I could only pull those size 12 jeans up as far as my knees! MFP really works and I am loving the results!
  • tonya_2010
    tonya_2010 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! You go girl! My NSV for the day is that somebody (who didn't know I was trying to lose weight) commented on my weight loss. I've only lost 6 pounds so far. I didn't expect anybody to notice but they did! :)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's so exciting when we see results. Everyone tells us were losing and looking good but until you see... Its like ummmmmm ok, if you say so. Lol

Exactly. Congrats OP.
  • willster01
    willster01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had several small victories over the last week... I purchased new pants size 36 from pushing 40s! My old shorts are falling down, went down 2 notches in my belt and was able to do 50 push ups!!! I started about 30 days ago at the suggestion of a friend... I am very happy with these small but noticeable victories.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    NSV of the day is fitting comfortably in my size 11 jeans...down from my highest of a size 17. Also, having everybody say, have you lost weight helps too. Still on my way though
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    My NSV today was buying a blouse in a size 14 (UK). I did buy this blouse before in a size 16 but it was too small so I returned it. The size 14 fits perfectly :-)

Also, the scale hasn't been moving much lately but I tried on a skirt I only bought a month or so ago and it's far too big! So, the scales aren't the be all and end all ...although I say that but I'm still totally obsessed by them :blushing:
  • DutchFrancis
    DutchFrancis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Ghette, I can just emagine how happy that made you. :D

I'm thrilled too 'cause I just had my very first NSV! (started losing weight 4 weeks ago now)
    My jeans were getting more and more 'baggy-style' and since that's not really my style and I had to pull up my pants just about ever other few minutes, I just checked my closet.
    I knew I still had a few jeans that were good but too small and YEY... one of them fitted!! Not 'just' but comfortably and another one not just yet but almost. The one that fits is practically new 'cause I bought it a little too small and I ended up wearing it only ones or twice before it became too small to wear. So happy with this!
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I put on a jacket that I bought awhile ago that only fit when I was much slimmer. I'm working back towards that goal but yesterday, the jacket fit fine when I thought I still had about 30lbs to go just to fit into it. What a great day.

Congrats on your NSV!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    I have lost enough weight to be taken off all of my blood pressure medication.
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have lost enough weight to be taken off all of my blood pressure medication.

THAT is AWESOME!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Doing a happy dance! I bought a new winter jacket in a XL. I was so excited because I have always been in 2x or 3x. BUT that's not what was so deserving of the happy dance. I went to wear it last night and had to take the tags off. It said LARGE I thought no f@cking way!! I had to look at the inside tag, :noway: I got the hubby to double check. :heart: He thought I was losing it. I'll be doing my happy dance all day. :happy: I haven't seen the scale moving to much but I have been lifting weights and doing strength training. I guess it's working.
    Share your NSV today!

I remember that feeling. I had been wearing an XL for the past 8 years. Put them on now and I'm swimming in them. Just got on my scale today and see that I lost another 4 pounds without doing a lick of exercise this past month! No wonder my size 10 skinny jeans are falling down. I now fit back into my size 8's. Problem is they're mom jeans ick!! My husband said he has a way to solve that problem... handed me money and said get yourself some new sexy size 8 skinny jeans. Awww he's a keeper for sure! All my sexy undies look fantastic on me now and a lot of my larger sized sexy nighties are all falling off. Hubby says now he knows what to tell Santa to get me. :happy: Victoria's Secret is gonna have a visit from my hubby soon :blushing:

I'm only 16 pounds away from my goal weight!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an AWESOME NSV! Keep up the GREAT work!

My NSV today was putting on my Old Navy Size 6 Jeans and them being so loose that I could pull them down without unbuttoning! Woo hoo!!!

lol I showed my husband that trick the other day when I realized my 10's were too big.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!