NSV December 16th share yours

Options
2»

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I have lost enough weight to be taken off all of my blood pressure medication.

Same here!! Did you find that you were getting light headed and nearly passing out just before they took you off your meds? I would stand up and get that light headed feeling and was dizzy all day long. The day after the dr. took me off I felt much better.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice words and encouragement. We all rock with MFP. I :heart: how everyone is so supportive no matter how major or minor our accomplishments are. Congrats :drinker: to everyone on their victories today and everyday!
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My NSV was going to Disney World this past week and not having to turn my hips to the side to walk through the turnable, having to tighten the safety belts on rides instead of loosen them, and not getting tired while walking the parks :smile: ((happy dance))
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU!!!
  • Ghette
    Options
    My NSV was going to Disney World this past week and not having to turn my hips to the side to walk through the turnable, having to tighten the safety belts on rides instead of loosen them, and not getting tired while walking the parks :smile: ((happy dance))
    That's so awesome!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What does 'NSV' stand for? A mini success story?

hmmm not sure I have an NSV..I finished my 10th week of swimming lessons today if that counts :) I can swim the length of the pool (50m) doing back crawl and approx 35m on my front doing front crawl! Ten weeks ago it was like 2m on either.. :D
  • DutchFrancis
    DutchFrancis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    NVS = non scale victory. So yes, of cours yours counts too, congrats!!
  • Ghette
    Options
    What does 'NSV' stand for? A mini success story?

hmmm not sure I have an NSV..I finished my 10th week of swimming lessons today if that counts :) I can swim the length of the pool (50m) doing back crawl and approx 35m on my front doing front crawl! Ten weeks ago it was like 2m on either.. :D
    NSV = Non Scale Victory :smile: Yes yours counts. Good job!
    I hope to swim again one day, I avoid bathing suits right now.:frown:
    It's interesting how we gave up the fun stuff in our lives as we became unhealthy.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i went to bootcamp even though i went out drinking last night

Makes you feel like a champ doesn't it? I always go even if I drink, it makes me feel good about myself knowing I'm sticking to the workout while everyone else is hungover in bed until 1pm :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

That's a good one!!!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    25lbs is a lot of weight to lose! good for you girlie! a large ah? that is excellent! i am still in an xl myself, but i can't complain! you should celebrate!:heart:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    these are all awesome guys! great job to everyone!

for me...while food shopping today i ran in to friends of a relative of mine. we see each other a few times a year at bbqs at my relatives house. by the time we saw each other it was only a split second for both of them to comment on my weight loss. what made it cool today was that there wasnt any time for them to talk to each other about it, then say it. and both said it at the same time, so it was clear they both noticed. the husband even asked for advice.

nice way to start the day.
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! That is like winning the lottery twice!

Mine is running on the treadmill this morning and being kind of annoyed because I'm doing the couch to 5 k training and it wasn't getting my heart rate up high enough......and then realizing I was RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL.....I can remember wanting to be one of the people running on the treadmill when I first started going to the gym.....LOL. I stopped being annoyed and enjoyed the work out. LOL.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, youll be a medium soon in no time too.

Mine was 2 hours exercise.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!

My NSV for today is walking 1.6 miles to my parents house - and did a mile in 19:57!! It's not super duper fast but I have a trapped nerve in my hip/leg just now so it feels like I climbed Mt. Everest - when the voice came on and said what my split was I swear I near cried in the street!

HURRAH FOR PROGRESS! :drinker:
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Mine is running on the treadmill this morning and being kind of annoyed because I'm doing the couch to 5 k training and it wasn't getting my heart rate up high enough......and then realizing I was RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL.....I can remember wanting to be one of the people running on the treadmill when I first started going to the gym.....LOL. I stopped being annoyed and enjoyed the work out. LOL.

I want to be you when I grow up, that's awesome!
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I want to be you when I grow up, that's awesome!

Thanks :). I never thought I'd be a runner. I would see people running and wish I could do it. I'm on my way :) 5 K in June for the Fallen Four here in Alberta, Canada. That's what I'm hoping to run in :)
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Congrats, OP, that is great!!! And I definitely agree, sometimes the numbers on the scale may not show the change you want but clothes and NSVs will! :)
  • Ghette
    Options
    Again thank-you, and congrats on your NSV. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!