the food database

Options
Has anyone else here tried adding a noncatalogged food into the database. i tried to in the app under 'add food' i keyed all the nutrients and it wouldn't take se eral attempts. is there a secret to get the feature to work. my bread isn't in the database. thanks.

Replies

• goCOLTS25
    Options
    Are you trying on a phone or computer? I have problems on my phone but it's easy on my computer.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    droid tablet.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    droid tablet.
    See if a different browser on the tablet will load the normal web page, not the tablet page.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    thanks i tried it on mozilla browser too. won't work. ;(
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I have tons of things I've been keying in as quick calories because I have about half the amount listed and things aren't listed yet. I figured to list my items wouldn't just be helpful to me but to others who might want to try something I have eatten too.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    thanks i tried it on mozilla browser too. won't work. ;(
    It's hard to do but try to force the browser to load the non-tablet page. Maybe create an url before loading it.
    This is the most irritating part of tablets for me. Some websites think you are on a phone and load the diminished site even though you have a 7" or 10" screen.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Are you trying on a phone or computer? I have problems on my phone but it's easy on my computer.

The app on my phone is not the place to add anything to the data base... But I have added
    items to the database via my laptop.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a droid tablet too. I find that often the url address will have an 'm' just before the normal web address. If I want the full website I just delete the 'm'.
  • ChristinaDawn7
    ChristinaDawn7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the scanner feature on the app? It's awesome! You just point the camera on the UPC code and it automatically updates all the nutritional information.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll try those suggestions. If I still can't get it to work,
    I can try to get to a desktop to key it in. It's just frustrating. l do love using
    my tablet though, usually it's convienient (sp?).lol
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Great idea but I had a snafu there too ... I bought the Nexas 7 by google and the front facing camera absolutely sucks. so I tried the bar code scanner on some things, it's hard to get anything photoed, that's why my neck is crooked in my profile. lol

Have you tried the scanner feature on the app? It's awesome! You just point the camera on the UPC code and it automatically updates all the nutritional information.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Great idea but I had a snafu there too ... I bought the Nexas 7 by google and the front facing camera absolutely sucks. so I tried the bar code scanner on some things, it's hard to get anything photoed, that's why my neck is crooked in my profile. lol

Do you have a smartphone?? I have also loaded the app onto my smartphone as well and I use that to zap the barcodes, its an amazing tool and saves so much time.