Replies

• Liani
    Liani Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    who tried the salad diet???
  • hair6539
    hair6539 Posts: 3
    Options
    :cry: salad diet? i would go crazy - salads tie me over for about an hour, then i'm hungrier than before i ate the salad. I eat one every once in a while, but it has to have lots of veggies and some kind of meat on it. I have found that if i pre-potion my meals, i can have almost whatever i want and not feel too guilty about it.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I never tried the salad diet...

But I totally have run my body down by not enjoying all the food groups. This does not sound like a good idea to me.
    :frown:

I had iron levels of 4 and 9 at one time. I became so sick I literally could not get out bed. My husband came home and I was lethargic and not able to get up. He drug me down to the ER and well...I learned a great lesson that day. Liver levels should be more like 60 and 150. Ummm...I have no clue how I made it, but well...

Lettuce or any different diet like this seems too risky. Ya know? It took me 5 years to recover from this mess. Yikes!
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    My mom had a friend who tried the salad diet and she lost plenty of weight. But now she literally cannot eat other foods because she gains weight so quickly when she does. Bummer!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If this is a "salad greens" only diet, it's too restrictive. If you can have bean salad, tofu salad, greens with grilled chicken, brown rice & veg salad, etc, so all the food groups are covered, you might be able to get away with it. But a good balanced diet with hot meals is essential for a healthy body.