Recommendations for Bluetooth headsets for workouts?

Options
Anyone have a good set of wireless headsets that you use and would recommend? My workouts consist of running, lifting, and kettlebells. I'm tired of my ear buds being pulled out of my ears. I have an iphone 4s and will wear it about waist level. My husband has the Motorola brand, but I find those heavy and floppy when running. I've looked at the platronics and jabra brands on Amazon and they have mixed reviews. Any recommendations?

Replies

• wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The best workout headphones I've found are Jaybirds.

I have had a pair of Freedoms (JF3) for about 9 months and I LOVE them.

My brother and wife just got the newer (and somewhat more expensive) Freedom Sprints (JF4). They are smaller and lighter.

Jaybird also just released the Bluebuds X which are the smallest/lightest and have the best battery life (somehow)... but are much more expensive. I really want to get a set, but I can't justify it because the Freedoms are so good.

The Freedoms are about $100, the Freedom Sprints are $130 and the Bluebuds X are about $170.

They are definitely expensive, but worth every penny, in my opinion.

Ted
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ted. I just saw the jay birds on Amazon and they have good reviews. Definitely a possibility.
  • Brian_VA
    Brian_VA Posts: 125
    Options
    I like the Bose IE2. Never tried the Freedoms, so not sure which is better. Price about the same.

Bose recently came out with a version I think is called the MIE2 made for exercising.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Costco has Motorola s10hd and they are not bad for the $40. If you can find the sd9-hd, they sound much better.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trainerOncall
    Options
    Nowadays they even have a sweat absorbing cap with a headset embedded inside! perfect for working out! http://www.maxvirtual.com/