anyone have any low calorie lunch ideas?

Options
Hi,

I know it is probably a little silly to start a diet just before christmas but am in the mood so thought I would give it a go anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas on low calorie lunch ideas that will be filling?

I go to the gym around 4 times a week doing cardio and weights for about one hour per session so what I eat needs to be filling as well as low in calories.

Please help!

Replies

• sophasaurusxx
    Options
    -Scrambled egg
    -super noodles
    -salad wrap
    -soup

:smile:
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I like to get the sandwich thins and have a sandwich, I also like soups and salads, you could always bring along some raw fruit and veggies to fill you up too.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    -Scrambled egg
    -super noodles
    -salad wrap
    -soup

Super noodles?? What the heck are those??
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    -Scrambled egg
    -super noodles
    -salad wrap
    -soup

There noodles in a packet, where you heat them up and eat them :) there filling. Im in the UK! Maybe there just available here? =/
  • terrymbradley
    Options
    Leftovers works for me tomorrow I will have left over Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.
  • 2gurl45
    Options
    I eat multi-grain bread with some tuna, lettuce lots of tomato and cheese (can never take my cheese away from me!) and fill it with jalepenos! I switch breads, sometimes I eat whole grain baguettes with egg, I add a little under a tablespoon of mayonnaise, not too much as they are very high-calorie! but yea.. if I'm not in the mood to make something I buy subway and get the turkey breast, its only 300 ++ cals :)
  • JulieDejan
    Options
    I'm not sure what your defination of Low Calorie is but with your workout schedule you should be between 400-500 at lunch. Here's what I like:

1/2 Can Tuna in water, no salt
    20 almonds
    2 - 3 cups of Spinich, Either Raw or Cooked.
    1/2 Grapefruit
    1 slice of whole grain bread/toast. I like Alpine Valley 12grain, 46 Cal per slice and 6.5 Carb
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My lunches usually clock in at around 250 -300 calories (depending on the protein), but I enjoy them! I usually have a wrap (my favourite is Safeway's Eating Right Ancient Grain whole grain wraps with chia - 130 cal) with a hard-boiled egg, deli turkey meat, light ranch dressing, mustard, spinach, matchstick cut carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumber and maybe celery or green onion. Super filling and I load up on the spinach. I don't go for too low cal for lunch because the munchies will usually hit me hard before supper if I skimp at noon.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    -Scrambled egg
    -super noodles
    -salad wrap
    -soup

There noodles in a packet, where you heat them up and eat them :) there filling. Im in the UK! Maybe there just available here? =/

I think outside of the UK they are called Ramen noodles...same difference
  • e001w
    e001w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen green beans and boiled chicken breast. Microwaved for three minutes and its good to go. I love green beans so it works for me.
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a couple go to lunches...
    I make my own Shrimp Salad and use salza as the dressing.
    I also like the Shirataki noodles with about anything on them and a bit of some type lean protein
  • neri41
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Heaps of great ideas thank you very much! Will go shopping soon and grab some nice fresh stuff.

Chat soon
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One of my faves of the moment is cocktail vegetarian spring rolls, I think they are less than 40 cals each? I try to have some salad or fruit with them. Also Borg's spinach and fetta triangles, about 70 cals and feel very naughty!

I also love chicken and salad sandwiches, and 2 egg omelette with some onion and a piece of ham.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I LOVE a good grilled chicken salad loaded with cucumber, tomato, green pepper, baby spinach, shredded carrot, and a few croutons with honey mustard dressing. Only about 350 cals, and keeps me plenty full!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    -Scrambled egg
    -super noodles
    -salad wrap
    -soup

where-can-i-buy-miracle-noodles-500x296.jpg

In the US they are called Miracle Noodles and they are very filling and you can do a bunch of things with them.
  • daringstoic
    Options
    For work lunches, I'm addicted to bagel thins with deli ham with some salad, carrot sticks, or fruit. If I'm at home, I'll usually add an egg to the sandwich and a teeny bit of cheese. I'm also a huge fan of tortilla pizzas. I get a regular taco sized tortilla, add a couple table spoons of jarred pizza or spaghetti sauce, 1/4 cup of mozzarella, and some toppings and cook it in a covered pan on low (or you could nuke it) until the cheese melts. Depending on what you top it with, it's a pretty solid low-cal lunch.

When I'm out and about, I'm obsessed with Wendy's chili. It's cheap, delicious, filling, healthy, and fast, which is a combination that's almost impossible to find. A small has only 210 calories, and it's quickly become a staple in my diet.
  • KathrynKennewell108
    Options
    Mountain bread wraps are great. They are lower calorie than bread (and less wheat). I fill mine right up with lots of salad greens, rocket, baby spinach, mesculin. I often add things like tuna, shredded cooked chicken breast, smoked salmon, baby capers, egg, cucumber. There are so many variations. When my fridge is not overly full, I make up a salad bar (a round divided dish with a lid) and pre-prepare salad fillings so lunch is super quick, healthy and easy.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lettuce Wraps - use instead of bread

I fill with whatever I feel like for the day. I usually put in Turkey and maybe tomatoes and a little shredded cheese.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    Lefse with hummus (Lefse is low fat & about 60 calories for 2 triangles)

Roasted Delicata Squash ( So yummy & filling)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my lunch diary M-Fs specifically.

hope this helps!