Best cropped, fitted yoga/running/workout pants?

Options
Ladies of MFP, what are your recommendations?

PS - I was all set to break down and order Lulu, but reviews about poor quality and growing presence of dreaded camel toe scared me off.

Help.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any yet but when I hit my next goal (1.6 pounds away) I am gonna be trying Victoria Secret work out wear.
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can probably get some decent yoga pants from Target for decent prices. I wear Xileration and they work fine for me. I didn't want to go out and buy expensive pants that would eventually be big for me anyway.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I get all my workout clothes from Target and Kohls. They fit well, they look cute and they hold up nicely.
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh, cool, I did not realize they made workout stuff. I'll check it out!
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike slim fit capris style that I really like. There is a key pocket in the top of the pants which I only just discovered today. lol
  • autovatic
    autovatic Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe my taste in workout wear is lowbrow, but I'm pretty happy with Old Navy's active brand. They are mostly cotton, so maybe not as breathable as some hi tech fabric, but they don't ride up (no wedgies or camel toe) and the price is right. :)
  • aliciakay3086
    Options
    I have a couple pairs of the C9 brand from Target, but...they are kind of thin and don't wear that well with frequent washings. Maybe my expectations are too high? LOL. Thanks girls!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    heck I just bought mine at meijer and walmart! they are inexpensive enough and comfortable too.
  • WanderingBomb
    WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can probably get some decent yoga pants from Target for decent prices. I wear Xileration and they work fine for me. I didn't want to go out and buy expensive pants that would eventually be big for me anyway.

^^^ This!!
  • Halie_Bird
    Options
    I LOOOOVE my yoga pants from victoria's secret! They fit great and are really comfortable =)
  • aliciakay3086
    Options
    No camel toe got my attention...must check Old Navy...love those prices!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I wear these....
    20 bucks... far cheaper and much more durable than my 40 dollar reebok capris.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/-xersion%e2%84%a2-fitted-capris/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001442787&catId=cat100250100&deptId=dept20000013&N=100260325&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=shorts+&+capris&dimCombo=Categories|&dimComboVal=shorts+%26+capris|&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=shorts+%26+capris
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Kohls! Tek Gear is an awesome brand. I wear them everyday and LOVE them!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike slim fit capris style that I really like. There is a key pocket in the top of the pants which I only just discovered today. lol

Yep, these -- they're the only workout pants I wear. If you can find a Nike outlet store near you, get to it and get some!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I get all my workout clothes from Target and Kohls. They fit well, they look cute and they hold up nicely.

THIS. What I love about Target is they have so many different style of pants. My fav is the boot cut pant and I like that they have long and medium lengths. My "go to" place for tops and sports bras is Marshall's. I don't want to sound like a commercial, but they have name brands at great prices. Ecspecially check them out at the New Year when all the work out gear goes comes in. I got A LOT last year and have picked up a new top here and there all year long. Cute new workout gear motivates me.
    (I'm easy like that )
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Low cut or more covered up? I like Xersion from JC Penney since the waistbands sit high on my stomach. Otherwise, you can get cute stuff at TJ Maxx or another discount place.
  • aliciakay3086
    Options
    YES, Marshall's, TJ Maxx...I always forget about them. I need some "suck it all in" pants...which are usually expensive brands, so that might work for me if I can get the patience to dig through the racks. Sounds like a good holiday project...thank you!
  • cabblett
    cabblett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of pairs of yoga pants from Victoria's Secret that I love, but they are expensive, especially if you are rapidly changing sizes.

While at the mall the other day I grabbed a pair of fitted running shorts and a matching sports bra for $7 each at JCP. I've only tried them on, but they are super cute and the material feels nice. I believe the brand was xersion.
  • urajiro
    urajiro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You said you were considering Lululemon, so I'm thinking price is probably not an issue, since Lulu is ridiculously expensive. If that's the case then I highly recommend Underarmour. I think they make really good quality workout gear, and it looks good. Plus it's half the price of Lululemon.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I like the ones from the Running Room.