visalus vs slim fast?

Options
i am very interested in visalus because i noticed that after i took it i wasnt hungry at all is it a scam or what

Replies

• barncat29
    barncat29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Research it thoroughly. Seven words. Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables.
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It is not a scam. MOST of the folks that will tell you it is have not tried it themselves.

I personally drink them and love them. I drink 2 per day but I do not replace 2 meals per day. I usually have one in the mornings. I also have one mid-afternoon as a snack.

Feel free to add me or message me if you have any questions.

Best of luck to you! And remember, always do what works best for you, bottom line.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a scam, but I think it (and every other diet shake) is an over-priced, over-processed milkshake.

No single food or product is going to magically make you lose weight, you have to find a way of reducing your calorie intake (and hopefully increasing the nutritional value of your food) that works for you. And you have to be able to keep eating the right amount (not too much, not too little) for the rest of your life.

If a packaged milkshake helps you meet that goal, go for it.
    But remember, it's not the shake itself that is "working" - you are!
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a scam, but I think it (and every other diet shake) is an over-priced, over-processed milkshake.

No single food or product is going to magically make you lose weight, you have to find a way of reducing your calorie intake (and hopefully increasing the nutritional value of your food) that works for you. And you have to be able to keep eating the right amount (not too much, not too little) for the rest of your life.

If a packaged milkshake helps you meet that goal, go for it.
    But remember, it's not the shake itself that is "working" - you are!
    thats exactly the point...the point of the shakes is to serve as a platform to lower your caloric intake as well as up the nutritional value of what your intaking...as well as motivate/"challenge" you to better yourself :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It has protein which is satiating. It is cheaper and you get more protein for your calories to just make your own out of whey isolate.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's not a scam per say, but you can do better with real food. But if it is working for you, is healthy, by all means it is your choice and who cares about the rest? I would look into a good whey isolate though, it might be much cheaper.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Research it thoroughly. Seven words. Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables.

Ah, a Michael Pollen fan, just like me. I've already had sautéed asparagus today and the butternut squash with thyme is in the oven now.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Are you a Beatles man or an Elvis man?
    Make your choice wisely.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Eat food. That's what you'll be eating when you reach or goal.........................or are shakes going to be your meals?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    It has protein which is satiating. It is cheaper and you get more protein for your calories to just make your own out of whey isolate.
    this. There's no magic shake that makes you lose weight. VIalius is a promoter of low calorie diets...thats why the shake works...because they hardly eat any food. Not necessarily a good thing.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Visalus is a lot lower in sugar than SlimFast, I believe.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Are you a Beatles man or an Elvis man?
    Make your choice wisely.

There are two types of people in this world....

those that like Neil Diamond, and those that do not.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I really like Visalus. I also like than I can mix in fruit to taste differently. I use it as a protein shake as well as a meal replacement. I hate slim fast.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Neither
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i am very interested in visalus because i noticed that after i took it i wasnt hungry at all is it a scam or what

It's a shake. It has nutritional value (read the label). Be a smart consumer and shop around for something with the best combination of taste, nutrition, and price.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Basically, if you use it as a meal replacement, and you lose weight, it's not because the shake "worked," it's because your calorie count was at a deficit more times than not. If you plan on using it after you reach your goal, to me, theres no difference than the protein shake I have for breakfast during the week when I go to work. It's quick, it's easy, and I like it.

My belief on this whole thing is this...eat now what I like, eat it in moderation, and when I get where I want to be, I'm not changing anything, just have a little bit more of everything I like.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I did it for several months..Body By Vi...When I stopped I got lazy and gained 28lbs back...You have to stick with anything you do! Don't get lazy..lol
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Visalus or Slim Fast, but I do have a meal replacement shake from another company for breakfast once or twice per week. I do this on days when I don't have time to eat breakfast, because the shake is quick easy and a better choice than the other kinds of things I used to grab on the go. I prefer to eat real food for breakfast, but the shakes are a good substitute when I need it. I don't think any of them are a magic weight loss cure, but if it works for you and your lifestyle, then nothing wrong with it.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Visalus or Slim Fast, but I do have a meal replacement shake from another company for breakfast once or twice per week. I do this on days when I don't have time to eat breakfast, because the shake is quick easy and a better choice than the other kinds of things I used to grab on the go. I prefer to eat real food for breakfast, but the shakes are a good substitute when I need it. I don't think any of them are a magic weight loss cure, but if it works for you and your lifestyle, then nothing wrong with it.
    If you can't use it everyday...use it as often as possible. Because.
  • iWannaBFit1
    Options
    I have heard a lot of hype over visalus. My sister in law tried to get me to purchase it off her and to sell etc so she could make money off of the commission! I did my research and saw her results and others that she's dealt with honestly not the 'best' I've seen.

Saw the bill to one of her clients said $240 for a starter kit! (canadian pricing) Holy hell! An over priced shake that's for sure.

Basically she was always about a size 12-14 for as long as I've known her and her using the product religiously didn't make for good results in my honest opinion. Reason being she didn't look fit or healthy! I know she was using it as a weight loss solution with zero hard work (working out). I honestly couldn't even tell that she lost weight because she still looked the same. I think she said she was a size 10. She's spend hundreds/thousands not worth it IMO.

Of course if you use this as a meal replacement you will lose wight because of the calorie deficit. I make my own protein shakes and have the pre made kind for work if I need a quick lunch/snack.

But this is been my experience, as others have said do your research and good luck!