5 months and 78lbs lighter.. I'm getting there!

Options
2»

Replies

• kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    congratulations! keep up the great work!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Way to push for the goal! Looking great!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weigh loss! Keep it up & continue to be an inspiration for others!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, You have done fabulous. I agree seeing success on here keeps me motivated! Thanks for contributing to that.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cinemec
    Options
    My plan has been to try and stick as close to possible to the MFP calories without going over. What has worked so well on this diet is that I can eat anything I like as long as I stick to the limit. Saying that I can't touch chocolate or potato chips and they are real all or nothing foods for me.
    In the past 5 months I have become intimately familiar with Subway's turkey breast and ham sub (with cheese!) (and south west sauce!) (they're allowed as long as you count em!) and also my local supermarket's chilli chicken noodle salad. Finding foodstuffs that you enjoy and can replace the likes of Big Macs and fried chicken seems to me to be the most important jumping off point. I also rarely ate breakfast before but have often started the day with a nutrigrain bar to get me going and reduce my hunger when it comes to lunch. I prefer to try and save more calories for later in the day as I tend to stay up late a lot and the hours of 9pm-midnight are a real danger zone for me for fast food and snacks.
    Exercise! One of the first things I did was go out and buy myself a second hand bicycle. This summer's Tour de France was one of my main inspirations for embarking on this journey. I've also dabbled in sports I haven't taken part in since I was a teenager.. badminton, football (soccer). If it's within walking distance I walk. Long walks and bike rides have been key to my success so far. When I go and see the greatest football team in the world (Manchester City!) I walk the 45 mins to the stadium and after the game I walk back. When the weather was better I tried to cycle further and harder ever time I went out.
    I was a little over zealous at one point for a few weeks and came in well under my calories. Progress slowed and I corrected back up to my set amount. It was amazing to see that eating a little more can actually speed up the loss.. I couldn't believe it.
    Happy to answer if anyone has any more questions.. I'm just so happy to report that I finally found something that works for me and I plan to continue with MFP once I reach my goals.. the last thing I want to do is undo all the hard work.

Thanks again for the kind words people, the community here has really been crucial to picking me up on the bad days and inspiring me to keep going. You can all be proud of yourselves for helping inspire your friends on here.. trust me it makes all the difference!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, well done!!! Congrats!!
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation dude! Keep it up!
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That, my friend, is a very fine gift you've given yourself for Christmas! You R awesome!!
  • 77billie77
    77billie77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    U R Doing FABULOUS Darlin... U R a wonderful future 2 behold 4 those of US fortunate enough 2 have U as our friend
  • StephG1130
    StephG1130 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wow! great job.. you look fantastic!!!:drinker:
  • madcat_wechanged
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!