pant size and weight loss?

Options
Typically, how many pounds lost until you get into the next size down in pant size? I know everyone is different, I am just looking to get an idea so if you could share your personal experience, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Replies

• Food4Fuel
    Food4Fuel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    10-15 pounds for me
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    same for me.. 10-15 lbs per size
  • mattstrand
    Options
    This depends on any muscle you put on to.I used to be a size 46 now 38s fit and I have lost 45 pounds
  • Lauralee119
    Options
    This depends on any muscle you put on to.I used to be a size 46 now 38s fit and I have lost 45 pounds

Wow! Excellent job!!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was a tight 14 with a 16 misses tossed in, am down 24lbs and now am a very lose 14 but not a 12 yet and i lost 4 inches in the waist, however at 5'2 i started at 205 and am down to 182. I know the larger sizes take longer to actually lose a pant size. Its another 20lbs till i get to overweight bmi, but i think in 10 more lbs i'll be in 12, cause i get get them on and buttoned but muffin top like crazy. I also am bottom heavy, so most of what i have noticed has been in the waist and torso area (with a little bit on the butt and hips).
  • mattstrand
    Options
    Thank you
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i notice that the smaller i get, the less pounds it is between sizes. anywhere between 8-10 pounds per size has been my experience.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    From sizes 0-10 there's a 10 *ish* pound difference in between each, but for the bigger sizes I notice that women need to lose more than 10 lbs to move down, maybe around 15-20
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Seems like it was only 5 pounds for me too, already on the smaller size, but my fat is certainly all sitting on the hips/belly, and I'm adding muscle and burning fat (I hope) so the scale hasn't shown much but the pants have. :)
  • mattstrand
    Options
    I actually lost more weight because I used to weigh 325 pounds at my all time high and now I weigh255 but I don't count that really because I stayed at 305 for a year
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I lost 20 lbs, I lost a pant size. Now, I feel like I am between sizes since I am on this weight loss journey. Basically, it all depends on the person's body type.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs, went down 6" in pant size and though I've regained most of the weight (ticker indicates 9 lost from my new high) I'm still in the slimmer pants, and they're falling off me if I'm not belted in.

It's NOT directly related between weight and sizes.
  • Lauralee119
    Options
    I actually lost more weight because I used to weigh 325 pounds at my all time high and now I weigh255 but I don't count that really because I stayed at 305 for a year

Honestly, You should count it! You deserve it! Good job!