“Magic Weight Loss Cure For Every Body Type.”

Options
http://healthylifestyletrends.com/Weight_Loss/

Another Dr. Oz sponsor.

Here is the case study, which states that green coffee bean extract can result in significant weight loss: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267522/

There were only 16 participants in the study, 8 of which took the pill (the other 8 took placebos). Apparently this is enough evidence that it works.

Here are their results:

"The statistical analyses report the test statistic P value. From the mean data reported in Table 1 there were statistically significant reductions in weight, BMI, percent body fat, and heart rate after consuming GCA for two-thirds of the 22-week crossover study, but there was no overall significant change in systolic or diastolic blood pressure. The mean values on all measures at the beginning and end of each treatment arm (high-dose, low-dose, placebo) assessed for all 16 subjects, are displayed in Table 2. The data show a reduction in weight, BMI, and percent body fat in the high-dose and low-dose arms, but not the placebo arm, and a reduction in heart rate in the high-dose arm, but not the low-dose and placebo arms. Figure 1 shows the mean weight change across the 22-week study for each of the three groups, and Figure 2 shows the mean change in BMI. A three-way repeated-measures analysis of variance (factor 1: sequence [high-dose/low-dose/placebo versus low-dose/placebo/high-dose versus placebo/high-dose/low-dose]; arm [first versus second versus third treatment]; and time [two evaluations]) on the data from all 16 subjects who were randomized into the crossover design was conducted on each of the primary outcome measures (weight, BMI, and percent body fat), as well as diastolic blood pressure, systolic blood pressure, and heart rate. ..."

What do you guys think? I know there are a lot of Dr. Oz haters on here (I am one of them), but I am just curious for those of you that take the time to read the study -- what do you think?

(Note: For those of you looking for a "quick fix" -- this would not be it, IMO. This was a 22 week study (almost 6 months) and I think they lost around 17 pounds. I've lost almost 50 pounds in 6 months by working out and eating less. It wasn't impossible.)

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Very, very small number of subjects. I'd rather just continue to lose weight the good ole fashioned way.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    After I saw "Dr. Oz" in your post, I kinda stopped reading and just kinda skimmed the rest.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, if any of these quick fixes worked, there would not be any obesity in the world & none of use would be here. :yawn:
  • Artests
    Artests Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, if any of these quick fixes worked, there would not be any obesity in the world & none of use would be here. :yawn:

^^ THIS :tongue:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I know the magic weight loss cure for every body type.

Calorie deficit.
  • danthomson56
    Options
    Exactly what you said! :smile:
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    ^ agree with the dr oz and skimming comment.
    Although...i was interested in one of his supplements called white bean extract..and then I put the money back in my wallet. *shrugs* whoknows if they are all gimics
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    After I saw "Dr. Oz" in your post, I kinda stopped reading and just kinda skimmed the rest.
    ^ Basically this.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I know the magic weight loss cure for every body type.

Calorie deficit.

Yes