personal trainer costs?

Options
I was just wondering what everyone pays for a personal trainer for those who have a personal trainer

Replies

• LuckyPoodle
    Options
    I pay $36 per hour, twice a week plus the cost of the gym membership, which is $39 a month.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Personally most of my clients buy 10 to 20 sessions and I usually throw in 2-4 session in for free. The money to me isn't as important as watching my clients succeed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Personally most of my clients buy 10 to 20 sessions and I usually throw in 2-4 session in for free. The money to me isn't as important as watching my clients succeed.

IDEA Fitness member

You didn't say how much you charge/cost.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

You didn't say how much you charge/cost.
    Sorry. It's $60 per session.

IDEA Fitness member
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    at my gym my trainer cost me $180 per month for 4 sessions my personal trainer its about $45 a session, but mine will sometimes give me a free session if it was either an off night or if he has to reschedule for any reason.
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    $35/hr - my trainer has a well equipped gym in his garage.
    $50/hr - at Gold's if you buy 36 sessions; more if you buy less sessions ($75/hr for 1 session)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around $60 per hour, but the cost goes down when you buy in packages of 10 or more, plus they throw in freebies.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    In Australia, I pay $30 for half an hour with a personal trainer in her home or $40 for a trainer at my local gym (half an hour).
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I pay 50€ per hour session (every 2 weeks), and 5€ per written program which I then do on my own (usually around 5 between 2 sessions), which makes an average of 150€ per month for me and it's worth every cent of it!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    the owner of the gym that I go to told me the average is around 60 per hour for a trainer but the trainer at my gym is around 30 per hour. I'm not sure I can pay for a trainer at this point, she did state that in the future their may be a cheaper option with someone she hopes to bring on in Jan. It amazes me the prices that some charge in my area. Unemployment is high and many people struggle just to pay for the gym membership (like myself) so right now for me it is a matter of one or the other so I've chose to keep the gym membership and try to learn as I go, with hopes of one day being able to afford a personal trainer (even if it is only once a month)