running/walking and flat feet

Options
Surely Im not the only one with this problem. Brooks have been my go to shoe but they are expensive. So....Im looking for so.mething comparable in comfort just not as e xpensive

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it to skimp on good shoes, especially with flat feet. I wear Mizuno's but they aren't cheap, either! It's totally worth it because they're the only shoes I've had I can wear all day or run without my feet aching.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Surely Im not the only one with this problem. Brooks have been my go to shoe but they are expensive. So....Im looking for so.mething comparable in comfort just not as e xpensive

Think completely the other direction.

http://www.americaspodiatrist.com/2010/11/can-barefoot-running-walking-fix-flat-feet/
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

I like Saucany running shoes. I am waiting for my Saucany Proglide 5 to arrive in the mail. They are very good and have great support. You can get them from zappos.com and there are normally good sales too.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have flat feet. I don't buy special sneakers. I wear Nike's but I do buy inserts for more support. They sell them at any sporting goods store. I have run a few 5ks and run off and on in my regular routine and this hasn't failed me.
  • janaq2003
    janaq2003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brooks are my shoes I love! Addiction and trance styles.. Im going to have to buck up and pay the dimes forthem. Not having comfy shoes will be one more thing to cross off my list of excuses on why I cant get more active.