C25K Question

Options
I was supposed to do week 1 day 3 today, but I'm a little under the weather today.

So my options seem to be:

- Do 4 days of C25K this week (1 day of week 1 and 3 days of week 2)
- Skip day 3 and just move on to week 2
or
- Repeat week 1 all over again

I would love a little advice, if anyone has any thoughts.

This is not the first time i have attempted C25K but i always gave up quickly because i didn't have a good app for it. now i do, so i really want to keep at it.

Replies

• mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you think you're ready for week 2, then move on to week 2. If not, then do 1.3. C25K always seemed like a "do it at your own pace" sort of program.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Depends on how under the weather you are....do you think you'll be well enough tomorrow to do the day you missed? If so, since you're still early in the program, you could probably do the last of Week 1 and all three days of Week 2 next week. Just listen to your body, rest if you need to, and push the program back a day until you feel better.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I say do 4 days of it for that week
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Depends on how under the weather you are....do you think you'll be well enough tomorrow to do the day you missed? If so, since you're still early in the program, you could probably do the last of Week 1 and all three days of Week 2 next week. Just listen to your body, rest if you need to, and push the program back a day until you feel better.

I completely agree
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do week 1 day 3 today, but I'm a little under the weather today.

So my options seem to be:

- Do 4 days of C25K this week (1 day of week 1 and 3 days of week 2)
    - Skip day 3 and just move on to week 2
    or
    - Repeat week 1 all over again

I would love a little advice, if anyone has any thoughts.

This is not the first time i have attempted C25K but i always gave up quickly because i didn't have a good app for it. now i do, so i really want to keep at it.

Just my own opinion, but always listen to your body... if you aren't up to it, don't move up (even if you could PUSH thru it)... just get thru the regular 1.3 or do it using Nike+ (I mean, you can look at the time yourself too, or just modify it and run walk as Nike+ prompts every minute)...

The only issue I have with C25K is that really a good RUNNER progression is FOUR days a week... so what I do is the regular weekly three days M-T & Th-F, and then on Sat I will try the first day of the next week using a modified version where I use whole minutes rather than 90 secs... so if it was 90 sec walk, I walk 2 minutes and then just extend one more set during the run... I find it gets me set up for the next week pretty well.
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i have been doing c210k for the last 5 weeks..do it at your own pace...it may take you longer to finish but you need to listen to your body...feel better!
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just do the scheduled day, tomorrow or when you feel better if you are really sick. It's only 3 days per week so you can make up a day later if you feel the need to stay on the calendar.

I got real sick during it (week 5 I believe) and picked up with my scheduled day when I got better. It's no big deal to push the calendar a few days if needed, remember-

this is a life change, not a one time accomplishment!