If the world ends, what would be your biggest regrets?

Options
I would have (too) many regrets for a 22 year old kid. In no particular order:

1. I'd definitely regret never trying my stand up material (I've been working on my act for a couple of years).
2. I'd regret never experiencing a serious romantic relationship (confidence has been an issue my entire life)
3. And even though I have no control over it, I'd regret not being able to witness a Cubs win a World Series.

What about you?

Also: That I'm spending the Saturday night before the end of the world on an internet message board lol.

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If the world ends, I'll regret all those bills I just paid. I could have had a LOT more fun with my last few weeks on earth than paying utilities and insurance and mortgage. :laugh:
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    1. That I never got to get married/Have children..
    2. That I never left Australia and got to see any of the world..
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    so on the 22nd look back at this and get to it !
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    so on the 22nd look back at this and get to it !

That's the plan :)
  • XxxFallenAngelxxX
    Options
    I'd regret ever being mean to my mom and ever doing a sin.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any. Sure, there are plenty of places I would like to travel. But I have a great relationship with my parents, I have a wonderful husband and beautiful son. Honestly, I guess it would have to be that I didn't get to see how my little guy turned out. I love him so much that I hope/pray he turns out to be a great guy.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'd regret spending the best part of 24 years with eating disorders, losing me so many opportunities and achievements.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't believe the world will end.

BUT... my only regret is really general: that I didn't do more with my life. I've spent it in school, playing it safe, spending too many saturday nights in, not having more confidence, being too shy to try new things, not traveling, never doing the things I really want and instead following others.

It's definitely something to reflect on. Once the 22nd is over, and we all do survive, I'll look back at all these things I "regret" and hopefully make some changes.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'd regret never getting married, never having children, and spending all of my 20s morbidly obese, depressed, sleeping my life away. I also would regret any of the times I took my mom (who is now deceased) for granted.

Then again, I already regret all these things....now if I just could get my butt out there and start truly living. I just don't know where to start...as I feel I missed out on so much already and I live in BFE.

:ohwell:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I would have (too) many regrets for a 22 year old kid. In no particular order:

1. I'd definitely regret never trying my stand up material (I've been working on my act for a couple of years).
    2. I'd regret never experiencing a serious romantic relationship (confidence has been an issue my entire life)
    3. And even though I have no control over it, I'd regret not being able to witness a Cubs win a World Series.

What about you?

Also: That I'm spending the Saturday night before the end of the world on an internet message board lol.

As a Pirates fan, I am not certain that they will have a winning season before the actual end of the world, let alone in my lifetime. I am optimistic, however, twenty straight losing seasons is hard to swallow. The curse of Sid Bream lives on.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Never getting married and never having a family of my own
    Never be ablemto open my own bussiness
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Not having kids.
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    No regrets. I've lived my life my way, suffered appropriately for that, and I'm ready any time.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 regret in my whole life and i cant say what it is (due to that it could be found if said person searched).

Sure ive done stupid stuff but everything is a learning experience for me. I am content in saying what i did above.
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh man.. This is an easy scenario
    Regrets, in no particular order.

Not telling my mother I love her when she was visibly upset. My gut telling me to TELL HER, and my stupid *kitten* didn't. No idea why..
    Ignoring my kid sister growing up knowing she thought the world of me. No idea why..
    All the things I should have said..
    All the things I should not have said..
    Being so picky that I haven't started a family.. YET
    That I wasted so much of my life worrying about what other people think and compromising my actions to please them..

Fortunately I believe in reincarnation in some form or another, so I will still have another chance to evolve and grow.

In closing, that I wasn't invited to push the button.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret if the world ends, would be the world ending. That seems very regrettable.
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    No regrets
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in regrets, but I have inadvertently hurt people in my life and I wish that I had handled those situations better.