Nike App for iPod Touch

Options
So last night my husband son and I walked from our house to our son's school which is a quit a ways for a 5 yr old. My Nike app told me it was 2.38 miles, well when I drove it this morning it was only 1.8 miles. How do I get my Nike app to be accurate? So does the calories burn go by miles or minutes? What are other options to use for caculating miles? Can anyone help me? Now I'm all upset, I was so happy to get the Nike app and its not accurate.

What do ppl think about the pedometer?

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Sportline Pedometer. I have gotten readings of anywhere from over 4 miles to under one mile for a route that I know in fact is 2.2 miles. Very frustrating. I know my stride and timing to complete this walk remains pretty constant so don't know what the things problem is. :mad:
  • maliyshka
    maliyshka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with Nike stuff I've used.. including the stuff I used to sync with my ipod.

FWIW.. I started using an app called "runmeter" for my iphone [I'm assuming ipod touch would be able to use the same apps?], it costs $4.99, but is amazing. Tracks your run/walk/etc. time, distance, pace, maps your running routes and saves them w/ GPS, charts it, etc. and has been much more accurate in terms of time/distance/speed/etc.

edit: complete app name is "Runmeter GPS Running Stopwatch/Sports Watch" :)