Recipes

Options
Does anyone have any like 5-10 minute breakfast recipes that doesnt involve cooking or instant oatmeal that are good and healthy???

Replies

• Swethington00
    Options
    Can you use a toaster?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt, fruit, cottage cheese, ham sandwich....
  • GymChick8
    Options
    If you've got access to a blender, a protein smoothie is always good. Cup skim milk, scoop protein, berries/banana or whatever fruit you'd like, 1/4 cup of oats ( or leave these out if you'd rather), yoghurt optional. Just blend up til smooth. I put it into a shaker and drink on way to work, for those days I'm a little more rushed.

Mel
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Regular oatmeal only takes 3 minutes in a microwave.

Yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, protein shakes, nuts.
  • JoeBFit2013
    Options

I dont mind the oatmeal, Im just looking for something new that I can make.
  • JoeBFit2013
    Options
    Can you use a toaster?

Yes, I know how to use a toaster.
  • dave4d
    Options

I dont mind the oatmeal, Im just looking for something new that I can make.

I like to switch up my oatmeal by adding different things to it. Chocolate protein, and peanut butter, one day; Peaches, cinnamon, and walnuts another; cherries, and cinnamon; applesauce, cottage cheese, and cinnamon; etc.

Kashi cereal isn't too bad, or Bran flakes.

Personally, I like to make a bunch of high protein waffles, then freeze them to put in the toaster, later. Nutrigrain waffles are a little higher in fiber, and health benefits than regular Eggos.
  • Swethington00
    Options
    Can you use a toaster?

Wasn't implying that you didn't know how to... I meant do you have access to...

2pc Saeah Lee 45 calorie bread - Whole wheat with honey
    3 tbsp of PB2
    1 Light string cheese

2 tbsp of PB2
    1 granny smith apple
  • JoeBFit2013
    Options
    Can you use a toaster?

Wasn't implying that you didn't know how to... I meant do you have access to...

3 tbsp of PB2
    1 Light string cheese

2 tbsp of PB2
    1 granny smith apple

this might sound stupid but whats pb2?
  • dave4d
    Options
    [/quote]

this might sound stupid but whats pb2?
    [/quote]

I've never tried it, but from what I understand, It is a lower calorie alternative to peanut butter.

Personally I like to use natural peanut butter to help me get my "healthy fats" in.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is a very high glycemic food & spikes your blood sugar so I'd shy away from it. I do 1 cup Fage yogurt & frozen berries from Costco with a few tablespoons of Flax seed meal (omega 3 & fiber) with some cream (or milk I suppose) & a sprinkle of raw turbino sugar. this keeps me full til lunch.

hard boiled eggs. if you aren't watching carbs, I take a frozen sausage patty with a slice of cheese on a high fiber english muffin.

and I do protein shakes with a slew of flax seed meal.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Pb2 is low cal powder peanut butter. I like it and think it's delicious but nutritonally pointless. It cuts out most fat, which is the whole point of peanut butter.
  • dave4d
    Options
    oatmeal is a very high glycemic food & spikes your blood sugar so I'd shy away from it.

The articles I've read state the opposite. Oatmeal is at 55 on the glycemic index. I believe that to be in the medium range.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is a very high glycemic food & spikes your blood sugar so I'd shy away from it.

Unless you are diabetic, the GI of food holds no real relevance. This doesn't measure nutritional value.