Carl's Jr. Grilled Cheese, Cheese Burger

Options
Sparksfly
Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
Ok so I have seen the commercials before and I want one really bad :love: . I haven't had red meat in a while, probably like two months.

I am doing like 80 mins of cardio today. If I have the exercise calories to eat one today, should I do it???

haha the burger has like 820 calories :noway: :noway: and I have been trying to eat >50% of my exercise calories lately. Do you think it's worth it???? AHHH

Thanks for your opinion.

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    treat yourself once in a while, just don't make it a habit. enjoy it! :drinker:
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    treat yourself once in a while, just don't make it a habit. enjoy it! :drinker:

completely agree! enjoy it!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I agree. Treat yourself and you will get it out of your system. If not, you will not stop thinking about it and you will end up miserable, or cheating in other less satisfying ways!
  • garyt
    garyt Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes and get me one too, YUM, I have to have pizza at least once a month. Enjoy remember you aren't depriving yourself of food you are making the right choices and sometimes thats the right choice.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    haha thanks everyone!

I just noticed it has 57 :noway: grams of fat! That's so gross! But yet I bet its so deliciouss
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    When I really want to splurge, I don't do it at a fast food place. I'd so much rather have an awesome burger from a local burger joint than from McD's or Carl's Jr. (we have Hardee's here in the South & they're advertising the same burger). I had a pimento burger & fried pickles @ Pawleys Front Porch which is a local restaurant (was on Diners Drive Ins & Dives a few months ago :laugh:) and I don't regret it a bit. But, that's just because I get more satisfaction out of food that isn't fast food.
    So, if you're sure you reallllllllllly want it, go for it. :wink: You just have to make sure you don't go for it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, too. :laugh:
  • oliveoil7979
    Options
    I have an addiction to a Big Bufard buger at Rally's. I allow myself to have one every once in awhile. I haven't had one since December, but I have been doing so well with my eating and my exersize that if I went and got one for lunch I wouldn't feel guilty at all. I may add 15 min of jumping rope to my running tonight, but I wouldn't feel bad.

My mother used to always sau moderation in everything...including moderation. You have to indulge everyonce in awhile so you don't start feeling deprived and give up completely. I think it's important.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You need to treat yourself every once in a while, it makes it so much easier to stick to the new lifestyle if you allow yourself to enjoy something here and there. You are doing the right thing by eating it on a day that you have worked out; and if you still feel a little guilty about it, only eat half of it or 3/4 of it!!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    You need to treat yourself every once in a while, it makes it so much easier to stick to the new lifestyle if you allow yourself to enjoy something here and there. You are doing the right thing by eating it on a day that you have worked out; and if you still feel a little guilty about it, only eat half of it or 3/4 of it!!!!
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Treat yourself but i would eat half and wait a while to see how u feel. I know when i haven't had grease or fast food in a while eating a whole burger will make me really sick. Plus you may get full and save the other half for later!!!

ENJOY!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    A big juicy cheeseburger and fries is always my cheat meal. I would definitely be careful when eating though; all that fat and grease will probably make you feel miserable. When I get my burger, I always order it out from a sit-down restaurant. That way I can say don't soak my bun in butter, etc. I know it's not that much better than Hardee's, but somehow I feel better about it haha.

Enjoy!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the other members. Moderation is the key. Enjoy!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    not sure why that posted twice!!!! :blushing:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Throwing my vote with the masses. ENJOY (that nasty lookin' burger)! :laugh:

(sorry, I dislike ground beef...... but I'm betting I'd love the entire thing, sans beef patty!) :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    not sure why that posted twice!!!! :blushing:

Emphasis :wink:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I say don't do it! The only reason because I did and it was not very good. I got one about 3 weeks ago because I was totally craving red meat. It's just a very plain sandwich and I personally didn't like it. If you are going to indulge I would go for something else.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    I loved seeing this title in the forum list - instant LOL - nice!

go for it, no worse than treating yourself to popcorn at the movies occasionally (probably better than that even!)