How long did it take for you to lose 50 lbs?

Options

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    88 days but when u are morbidly obese ,it is possible to drop weight at a very fast pace
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It took me 9 months to lose 100 pounds. You will drop faster at first and then slow down when you get closer to goal. Weight loss is certainly not linear.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    6 months for me with 3 pounds to go to reach my 50 pounds goal. I Jazzercise at least 5 times a week, drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day, and try to eat around 1400 calories a day. Wishing you success on your journey.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It took me about 5 & 1/2 months. I have consistently kept my calorie intake OVER 1200 daily and mostly under my MFP goal. I have my settings in MFP to lose 1 pound per week and sedentary. There were days when I went over on my calories but there were more days when I was under but never under 1200. I also have eaten as late as 11:00pm at night without it affecting my weight loss.

As for what to eat, I eat all the foods that I like but I now weigh and measure everything. Use actual measuring cups, spoons and a good kitchen scale. It may add a bit of extra time and effort, but its the only way to know for sure how much you are actually consuming of anything. I increased the amount of fruit in my diet. I have always eaten cooked veggies and some salads but I try to make them healthier by not adding butter or margarine to hot vegetables and using lower calorie salad dressings.

I drink more water. I aim for a minimum of 64 ounces of water without counting in tea or coffee.

The only exercise I log is actual physical activity that I purposely do and that would not be something I would do as part of any normal day-to-day routine. For example, I don't log regular household chores or shopping as exercise. I mostly walk outdoors when the weather permits or on a treadmill (only when I am staying at my sister's house because I don't have one) or I use my daughter's Gazelle occasionally. My exercise has been quite sporadic in nature. I just checked back and I've actually only logged exercise on 37 days between June 13/12 and Dec 17/12. It doesn't seem like much now but it's more extra than I'd done in the 6 months prior to June.

This is what has worked for me so far. Hope your journey will be successful!
  • newlife3182
    Options
    It took me 82 days last time to lose 50lbs but I was under doctor supervision and this time too. I am taking phentermine, exercise, healthy eating lifestyle change since last time I didn't make it a life change, and I get vitamin b complex infections. I good luck I'm starting my journey here today. :-)
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I averaged about 3-5 lbs lost per month. I still have weight I want to lose but I'm very close to my goal right now.

My best advice... if you want to be healthy and in shape, remove the word "DIET" from your vocabulary.
    Change the way you eat and change your activity level. The rest will come as a result.

I set the wheels in motion and forgot about the amount of time it would take.
    My favorite hobbies used to be:
    1 - sitting
    2 - eating

Now I either run or cycle 5 or 6 days per week and I couldn't imagine my life w/o doing that.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to sit and I still love to eat. I just don't do either as often.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55lbs and it's taken me 17 months! I've lost a lot of inches though.

I have a personal trainer who I work out with once or twice a week, I go to the gym on my own, and I do aerobics, spinning and zumba. I also have 2 small children who I run round after a lot, and I work part time as a teacher and am on my feet all day.

I'm very conscious about what I eat and try to be as healthy as possible and make all my meals myself.
  • mariaevangelou50
    Options
    i have about 22 minimum to lose, in order to take that amount of weight off did you have to excercise daily and what was your daily calorie intake , i find that even though i eat around a meal a day usually no weight has actually been taken off and it's not that it's fatty and high calorie a normal sized meal with correct nutritional value but i still have not lost weight by limiting my calorie intake
  • chuckek
    Options
    A little over 5 months....... 157 days to be exact.
  • Elma1975
    Options
    Not everybody are the same.
    I started 9 months ago and only lost 30lbs. Eating healthy and exercising. Been jojoing(2lbs) for the past 3 months. I have some 50-60lbs to lose.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    9 to 10 months.
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    About two years, I know it sounds bad, but really it's going so well-and I feel like it's going to stay off. Lifestyle change, not dieting, is my strategy-sometime I get impatient, but it has been good! :)
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a big guy, and running from the 50lb mark, I actually want to stay above it because I want to gain enough muscle so never get me below the 50lb mark, high point was 268. 228 now, course if I ever compete in MMA imma have to drop to 205, or 185 so will be way under then, but cutting weight is different.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    8 months in total to lose 56lbs...I did it in two parts, 4 months each time! x
  • lisamlc
    Options
    It took me just over 4 months. Good luck :)
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    5 months for me...I started in July
  • rraychul
    Options
    50lbs is my goal too. i've lost 17lb so far in 12 weeks (2 1/2 months). i'm hoping i will be at my goal in another 5 1/2 months (by my birthday). i've been dieting for 12 weeks and losing 1 or 2lb a week is more than enough for me
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hit 50 Yesterday. I started June 1st so about 6 months .
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    # 50 pds in 50 weeks, I am now at my goal weight. Maintain for life now and time to lift HEAVY.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the same as a lot of others, I lost 50 pounds in about 5 months.
    That was eating around 1400 calories per day and doing 30 minutes of cardio and some light weights five days a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!