Favorite Apps?

Options
maryd523
maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
I've had a Android smartphone for several years, but it had very little storage space so I couldn't download very many apps. I just got the iPhone 5 and am curious about all the different apps. What do you use all the time, what is helpful, what is awesome that maybe we don't know about?

I use Pandora very frequently, Yelp to find stuff around me, Runkeeper to track my runs, and of course the MFP app. Other than that, I didn't have room to download more so I am a little clueless.

Replies

• supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Pandora
    Grocery iq (I have a list obsession and shop at 2-4 different grocery stores a week)
    LA Hoops
    Packing Pro (life saver for traveling for big trips...great for list-obsessed people)
    Dropbox
    Nook
    Open table
    Interval Timer
    Kik
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Oh, i was about to tell you about all the free music apps, then i realised you switched to IPhone..

#shoulda bought a bigger GB Droid.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Grindr
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Pandora and Sirius for music
    Kik, IMO and Skype for messaging
    Billminder - reminds you when a bill date is approaching.
    Motion x gps is a great navigation app

I have a whole bunch of other apps to tweak the iPhone but you have to jailbreak it for those
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    Since it is in iPhone 5 you don't need any other navigation app. Other than the ones previously mentioned let me recommend a few and give you some advice. Set up the phone so you can lock it. If you don't like unlocking your phone all the time, set the time between having to enter the code to 4 hours (the max). As long as you enter when you wake up in the morning and use the phone before it locks again, you don't have to enter the code.

Then load:
    Friend Finder - lets you find other folks that have iPhones
    Find iPhone - lets you send a message or signal to your iPhone, even if it is off so you can find it if lost, or if it is stolen it will tell you where it is.
    Other social media apps are good, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
    News apps, USA Today, AP Mobile, CNN plus any local station apps available.
    Check and see if your bank or credit card companies have apps.
    Flashlight - because you can always use a flashlight.
    Shazam - for when someone is playing a song that you just can't identify.
    Emoji - so you can sprinkle smilies in your messages. :wink:
    There are various travel apps, depending on if you do travel, but get BackToMyCar so you can find where you parked.
    Then there are games, but I will not try and influence you on those, they are addictive. :drinker:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal
    flashlight
    MK3
    Shredder (chess app)
    Madden 11 (terrible game, but still)
    NBA Jam
    Tiger Woods 12
    Bloons Tower Defense 4
    Paperboy
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    southwestern egg rolls
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Here are the ones I use most:
    Pandora was mentioned -

You can also go with iHeart Radio
    I have "Concert Vault" that has full concerts from bands past and present (Listen to Mumford & Sons from 2012 or The Rolling Stones from 1973) - it also has a "radio" section
    Yahoo! Sports radio - sports podcasts

For Videos:
    YouTube, of course.
    Watch ESPN
    Crackle
    ABC Player
    TV.COM
    Netflix
    Directv

Ultimate Guitar
    AroundMe
    Fandango