Change in food routine

Options
I have a friend who suggested I change the time of day that I eat my meals in order to lose my last 20 pounds. For example in the AM I have a protein shake, a snack in between, another protein shake for lunch, a snack in between and then I eat dinner. She said maybe I should try eating breakfast and then having the protein shakes for lunch and dinner. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I say don't do it. You won't get nearly the nutrients you should get just from eating a protein shake for lunch and dinner. I have nothing against protein shakes but you need nutrients that can best be found in whole grains, veggies, fruits, etc. Shakes are a good addition but they shouldn't be a substitute. They are an aid, not a replacement.
  • Jessica_Laraine
    Options
    From what I have read recently, it is a diet myth that your metabolism works faster during the day than it does in the evening. I'm not sure what is fact and what's not, but it seems like your body would work at the same speed all day and it wouldn't matter as long as you are eating healthy meals.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I say don't do it. You won't get nearly the nutrients you should get just from eating a protein shake for lunch and dinner. I have nothing against protein shakes but you need nutrients that can best be found in whole grains, veggies, fruits, etc. Shakes are a good addition but they shouldn't be a substitute. They are an aid, not a replacement.

I agree completely. Learn how to eat the right amount of calories each day by logging on MFP and shakes should be taken to supplement your diet not replace entire meals.
  • Virgology80
    Options
    I agree that shakes shouldn't be a meal replacement. Eat your breakfast, it truly is the most important meal. Have the shakes as your inbetween snacks and/or after workout. At least that is what I am being told... Hope it's true :) GOOD LUCK