How long did it take for you to lose 50 lbs?

Options

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/LowcarbNY
    Start 5/22/2012 225.2 lbs
    10/07/2012 175.2 , 50 lbs, 139 days (about 4.5 months) 0.36 lbs/day, 2.52 lbs/week

It's gotten rather flat since entering the 50-55 lbs loss range.

How did I do it? LCHF and Fast-5 combined, went from playing tennis 2-3 days per week to playing 2-3 days per week and incline treadmill on my non tennis days.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    For me, not long. I was heavy. I think 5 months for the first 50lbs.

Aim for no more than 1% of your body weight per week. That's a nice guideline. Don't rush progress. Just take it one week at a time.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    I am down 41.3 pounds as of today. I started October 22.
  • stgmanitoba
    Options
    Great job everyone and wonderful tips!! I used to stress alot of eating the right this or that. Now i have started relaxing and changing my lifestyle of how I eat. I've lost 5lbs in one week which is great and shows stressing out and definitely prevent weightloss.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half! :blushing: I probably could have done better but who cares... I'm 52lbs lighter than I used to be! :bigsmile:

LOL... so true...just do your best. grab all this advice and work towards your goal. I don't have 50 to lose. But I did lose 30 pounds getting to my goal more than a year ago. It took me three months of really sticking to a plan.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I have 50lbs to go (down 15 including my highest weight!). I'm looking for some inspiration. How long did it take you and what did you do? What are your biggest tips?

My first 50lbs took a year to lose. That was 2 years ago. I have been able to keep that 50lbs off and lose an additional 25+ since then. I do not diet. (anymore! that is) I am learning to change my behavior so that every day my health is a top priority. Slow and steady has helped me so much more than my old restrictive behavior. Good luck!
  • jbailey95
    jbailey95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It took me just over 4 months. Good luck :)

Same here. 115 days, to be exact.
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 months! Hit the 50 pound mark today!!! Good Luck!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    two years.

Though that includes the dreaded "last ten pounds"

The first thirty came off in about 5 months.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread! I lost my FIRST 50 pounds in just a few months, but I was really heavy, so it wasn't as big a percentage as you might think! I am now working on the LAST 50 or 60 pounds, and it is good to know how long it took other people!
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm a pound away from 50....hoping I hits the 50lbs loss next week. And it took me 8 months :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55 lbs I'm 6 mos. Working out is the key for me. Cardio, weight training, and I'm a runner now. Ran my 1st 5k 2 weeks ago.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    3 months. Eat a whole foods plant based diet.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am so close to 50lbs lost I can taste it! 1 lb to go! Been at it for 10 months. The last 3 months it seems I have been playing with the same few lbs:huh: I'm not giving up!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The most I ever lost (fastest) & was strictly exercise, eating right, multivitamin & tried to drink a gallon of water (per PT) was 30 lbs in 3 months then I fell off track :-( I wonder how much longer it would have taken me to lose the 2o more lbs.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It's taken me since mid-August and I just watch calories, sodium, walk and do Zumba!
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's taken me since mid-August and I just watch calories, sodium, walk and do Zumba!

like the fact that you make it sound so simple
  • begli5
    begli5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    About 145 days for me! Keep at it you will do it!!! :)
  • morriganamazing
    Options
    im start 2/01/12 and so far down 52 lbs :wink: dont matter how long take,:glasses: just keep going! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!