Got past my Plateau

Options
Just wanted to post in case you are at one. It helped me and might help someone else. I stopped ALL soda's even diet. Now I think they are too sweet. Stoped any extra sugar. I try to avoid anything that has sugar. I still have a small piece of candy if I want it but no sugar on cereal, I tyr to buy sugar free. Also I cut out the salt, no more popcorn and I love popcorn. But, I broke my plateau and I have discovered that I get very bloated when I add the salt back in. But I'm out of the 170's and closer to my goal of 135! YEA Me!!!

Replies

• liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post- job well done!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU TORIBUG!!! :D:D:D
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    sorry posted twice
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Good for you!! Thanks for posting! What's your sodium goal? I think mine might be high... I feel like I eat too much salt!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job :happy:
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    whats the trick to giving up diet soda that is the hardest thing for me to do?
  • Buzzkitty1
    Buzzkitty1 Posts: 134
    Options
    Excellent! Way to shake things up.
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really like Diet Mt. Dew, I was drinking one a day but I knew it was bad for me and I have read so many bad things about diet drinks I just decised to stop. I am not sure about my sodium intake but i watch everything I eat, I never add any salt and I try very hard not to eat any frozen food like health choice, etc. I have stopped most canned food also and use frozen/fresh veggies. I eat a lot of salad and use little to no dressing, I add fruit to my salad. Sometimes for a treat I eat low fat frozen waffles with sugar-free syr. On days I have morning worklout I eat half a natural peanut butter with sugar free jelly sand. I have gotten pretty good with my calories and dont log much anymore. I have also given up protein/ slimfast bars for fruit. But dont get me wrong, I have my days, I ate the ENTIRE box of nutty bars my husband left the other weekend :( , oh but they were good!!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Glad you got past your plateau. I actually broke both of the ones I've hit so far by eating *more* (And I mean a *lot* more! I was eating 1200 a day no matter how much exercise, now I get in 1500-1800 most days depending on how much I exercise.).

Be careful about cutting out too much sodium. I wouldn't drop below 1000mg for many days in a row unless you're under doctor's care. Our bodies *need* sodium for essential life-sustaining body functions. :smile: