Wanna try the 'friends' thing...

Options
I joined MFP a couple of months ago. I've lost 50 lbs. prior to that and 22 since then. I have 43 yet to go... So far, so GREAT!! I haven't tried the friends option, so I thought I would give it a go. I don't know how this works, I don't know if we just chat or if we see each others updates or what, so it's going to take me a bit to catch on to this whole thing.

Now that I've done so much weight loss, I'm actually starting to do muscle training now. I would like to have biceps again... Well anyway that's me. I'm doing great so far,

Replies

• cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We're glad your here! I'll be your weight loss buddy! :)
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    As friends, you can see each other's updates and diaries if you share them. Great job on the weight loss so far! Would love some new friends!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me...friends always make the journey easier :)
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I really like having friends, it's a big motivator to see their comments and support their progress, and I like to see the variety of foods in their diaries (lots of good ideas). Sending an FR. Anyone can feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on here most days and have some wonderful support buddies on here
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :) It's great to have friends bc the motivation when they see your updates and compliment them or give feedback on days you need an extra push :)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wanna try the 'friends' thing..
    MMMMM NOW, is that like mates, facebook friends tweeters or are you asking for meets for coffee or umm snogging and stuff.
    Actually fitness mates are good, they keep you on track, they tell you when your doing wrong and praise you when your good.
    Good luck chuck.
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some new friends too .. I think I've just been lurking since I started and just become a little more active in the community.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent ...... whether you say "yes" or "no" it's all good ....... congrats on the outstanding weight loss :drinker:

Mary Ann in NY
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job,,,,I can give u words of encouragement lol...keep up the good work :)
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, I could use some buddies too! I've been logging since November, and am 12 down with about 40+/- to lose.
  • Reubinski
    Reubinski Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new friends to help inspire and motivate! Feel free to add me (anyone) and let's get going on this health and fitness thing! :)
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! :-)
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends! Congrats on your achievements so far! Keep up the great work.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a couple of months ago. I've lost 50 lbs. prior to that and 22 since then. I have 43 yet to go... So far, so GREAT!! I haven't tried the friends option, so I thought I would give it a go. I don't know how this works, I don't know if we just chat or if we see each others updates or what, so it's going to take me a bit to catch on to this whole thing. Now that I've done so much weight loss, I'm actually starting to do muscle training now. I would like to have biceps again... Well anyway that's me. I'm doing great so far,

Youre suppose to loan your credit card to all your friends whose name starts with a "D"

Trust me or my name aint Dudley Doodlewhopper
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Grats on the weight loss so far. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am up for an add! Most of my friends are quiet now.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I really like having friends, it's a big motivator to see their comments and support their progress, and I like to see the variety of foods in their diaries (lots of good ideas). Sending an FR. Anyone can feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:

I feel exactly the same way. You get to see what others are eating and get some really great meal ideas. I also enjoy the support and friendships that have developed. It has really helped me a lot and I know that you will benefit from it.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratuations on geting healther. Add me for support if you like.
  • Mizz_Lenea
    Mizz_Lenea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find that having "friends" here is extremely motivating. Feel free to add me :bigsmile: