The zombie apocalypse (12/21/12)

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
I’m looking for weaponry assistance for the zombie apocalypse this Friday (December 21, 2012). my husband and I should be in a situation where we can maintain middle of the pack status while pushing the jogging stroller with our 3 year old and yelling at each. I suspect that middle of the pack is probably the safest place to be so that you aren’t the first to come upon a nest or easy pickings in the rear. Now, the only issue I have is that I’m not sure the best weaponry that we should each carry. It must be light weight, effective, I must be able to use it on the run, and possibly with only one hand. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Katanas.

JM
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I say carry a blowtorch that shoots fireballs long range... :tongue: :laugh:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    We would only be so lucky if friday was the big day
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Zombie apocalypse + no Twinkies =

All_Is_Lost.jpg
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Machete.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I have a stockpile of bacon.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    21d4kkn.jpg
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    zombie-1024x682.jpg

Love this. My pick is usually a sharp machete. Blades are your friend, plus they're useful for survival duties outside of zombie killing.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Samurai sword!!!!!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Primary melee weapon- Crowabar- capable of both crushing and impaling the infected brain, usable one handed, had secondary use, light, readily available

Secondary melee weapon- hand axe/knife- one handed, secondary usage, availability

Have you husband carry something with more reach. The Zombie Survival Guide speaks highly of the shaolin spade. In a pinch a larger axe, baseball bat/other bludgeon would work.

I need a life
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    machete
    no-dachi (two handed katana)
    hatchet
    baseball bat with nails sticking out of it
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Trench spike.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    cross bow with flamed tips.
  • Rix06
    Rix06 Posts: 25
    Options
    Have you any idea on how long it takes to reload a crossbow? bad choice imho
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    Full golf bag with back pack straps, not that old school single strap.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    Have you any idea on how long it takes to reload a crossbow? bad choice imho

I would not be anywhere near zombies.. I will keep a great distance to where speed means nothing :)
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    Juggernaut-Concept-2.jpg
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    21d4kkn.jpg

YES!!! I think i may be in love hahaha
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    When I was working at the greyhound I would joke with one regular that the tree-marking hammers they sold would be perfect for the zombie apocolypse. Top heavy but a broad head perfect for killing some skulls, with a long handle. Only problem is you're within biting range and if you're swarmed you're screwed.