I just wanna lose

Options
How in the heck can i lose i just dont get it no matter what i do i cant lose.

Need recommendations or something. :sad:

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    What are you currently doing to loose the weight, how much are you eating, how much are you working out.

There is alot of factor in loosing weight, give us an idea on what u do daily, so we can see where we can help or provide you with some advice
  • kimber7139
    Options
    I eat about 1200 calories a day and work out around 4-5 days a week. I am gonna start a zumba class. I must be eating wrong but i drink 8 glasses of water a day. I have no clue what i am doing wrong
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Kimber....

have u had b/w..is your thyroid OK..could their be any underlying health conditions?
    Are u writing down EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth and adding back in at least half your exc cals?

Kim
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Kimber....

have u had b/w..is your thyroid OK..could their be any underlying health conditions?
    Are u writing down EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth and adding back in at least half your exc cals?

Kim
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Try eating back most of all of your exercise calories for one. That is what got me to start losing weight when I was on here for about 8 weeks with nothing at all coming off.
    Also remember that it takes a body a while to get those muscles going and turn your body into a weight loss machine. Not all of us are lucky enough to drop weight immediately. Keep at it, don't give up.

Try searching on here "eating back exercise calories" for more information too.
  • Jay424
    Jay424 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1200 cal. might not be enough, especially if you are working out that much. Try upping your cals to 1600.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    how much do you have to lose? if you aren't far away from your goal, it will be hard & slow going.

are you eating your exercise calories? despite those here that would argue that extra calories burned must be eaten. following my doctor's advice when starting here, i do not eat my exercise calories. you might see if that would help get the ball rolling.

next is what you are eating in your 1200 calories. getting 5 servings of fruits & vegies, whole grains, and trying to avoid late night eating. you might try adding another glass or two of water. (are you staying under your sodium most days?) -katie
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    dieting is definitely not a "one size fits all" deal. try something for a week or two, then try something else. you will hit on the right combination for you. it may be eating all, some or none of those exercise calories.

good luck & be patient. with determination you will find the right combination & things will change.
    meanwhile, in addition to weighing don't forget to take your measurements, with all the exercise you may be losing inches even if the lbs are not showing up yet. -katie
  • kimber7139
    Options
    What do you mean by eating calories? Not sure what that means?
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you log your excersize on this site? If you log it into the "cardio" section, it will tell you how many calories you burned while you were working out. You need to add that amount of calories to your diet to keep from dropping too low and slowing your metabolism.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This question is asked everyday. Please use the search bar located above the forum threads to search for what you're looking for. Chances are someone else has already asked it & others have answered.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88989-not-losing-weight?hl=not+losing&page=2#posts-1231563
  • Being_Healthy
    Being_Healthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This question is asked everyday. Please use the search bar located above the forum threads to search for what you're looking for. Chances are someone else has already asked it & others have answered.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88989-not-losing-weight?hl=not+losing&page=2#posts-1231563

I didn't realize there was such a problem with reposting questions that have been previously asked.

I too was told by someone (a fitness expert) that eating back ALL your calories is not necessary. Sure you should eat some of them back, but you do not have to eat all of them (especially if you have a lot of weight to lose).
  • kimber7139
    Options
    sorry for double posts i guess i wont post anymore sorry for the inconvenience to everyone i will search instead of asking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!