Please have look at my food journal

Options
Mainly for today, i haven't really been logging all that much. This is pretty much how i eat on a regular basis except for breakfast which i put too much salt on today so it went in the garbage. But a reg breakfast for me might be 1/3cup uncooked oatmeal with water, 1 whole egg and 2-3 egg whites scrambled with spinach mushrooms and a light sprinkle (think like 1-2 TBSP) of reduced fat shredded cheese, or instead of the oatmeal a couple slices of toast with ICBINB spray and maybe an apple or pear or some sort of fruit.

As for the skinny cow ice cream that is my "better bad choice" and it's something that I allow myself . I don't want to deprive myself too much cos then I will binge.

Anyways, how do my cals look?

I also go to the gym 6 days a week and either walk around the track or use the crosstrainer, i wear a HRM and per my nutritionists advice i stay between 136-156 for 45 minutes 3 days a week (these are the days where i also lift) and for the other 3 days i do about 60 minutes.

Should i be eating more? Less?

Some stats about me:

Age- 25
weight- 197
height- 5'4.5
body fat- 43%
I am pretty much a housewife for the moment so i am pretty sedentary throughout the day, aside from the gym and cleaning the house.

Replies

• vannah2u
    vannah2u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love to help you out Shannon! But I really cannot get an idea of how many calories you eat per day. What is your daily average? your typical breakfast, however, looks great! That is a wonderful breakfast to have.

Also, if you clean the house AND go to the gym on a regular basis, you are not sedentary. Give yourself more credit, cleaning alone burns more calories than you might think especially at your current weight. The more weight you have to lose, the more you burn by doing regular activities. Once you get closer, though, it will get harder.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This is how i eat on a regular basis i just am not very consistent with logging my food as of late.

typically i eat 1600-1800 cals a day.

I try and eat mostly non processed foods but as you can see i still do eat some cheese, tots with my turkey burger ( i suppose i could have some baked yam), skinny cow ice cream.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First off wow! You hold your weight very well, you don't look like your in the 190s :)

Okay, are you trying to lose or just maintain?

If your wanting to lose, I would try to eat less calories. I guess everyone's body is different, this may work for you!
  • vannah2u
    vannah2u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1600-1800 sounds just right for your stats. you should be right on track with losing about 1-2 lbs/week based on your gym habits. If that's not the case, then you should look into what types of foods those calories are coming from. One skinny cow snack if ok. you just need to make sure you are getting adequate vegetables, carbs, and protein.
  • lhatt83
    lhatt83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would try to have a slightly smaller lunch. Keep meals under 500 calories. You should also try to cut down your sugar a little bit (avoid the juice if you can!).

Instead of tater tots, could you be happy with a side salad or veggie of some sort? Or sweet potato fries?

Dinner looks great!

Are you getting at least 8 cups of water a day? When I started really focusing on my water intake and I cut back sugar and salt, the weight started shedding so fast!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I would try to have a slightly smaller lunch. Keep meals under 500 calories. You should also try to cut down your sugar a little bit (avoid the juice if you can!).

Instead of tater tots, could you be happy with a side salad or veggie of some sort? Or sweet potato fries?

Dinner looks great!

Are you getting at least 8 cups of water a day? When I started really focusing on my water intake and I cut back sugar and salt, the weight started shedding so fast!

The water thing is def something i need to work on! I prolly get in about 64 oz a good day but i really need to drink a few glasses more. Sometimes i catch myself on drinking about like 30oz a day :noway:

I normally don't drink juice... lol i put way too much salt on my breakfast this morning so i ended up tossing it and just having one of my husbands yogurts, a glass of juice and a piece of toast :blushing:

I could def do a salad or sweet potato fries or even just a baked yam!

@Brittknee_Rae- Thanks! But my photo of me in the red/maroon shirt was from a year or 2 ago when i got down to 165. lol I do carry my weight somewhat well though. And i'm def looking to lose.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    The diary looks fine, but if you're sedentary, not so much. Great foods, great choices, but try and do something if you can. Even a 30 minute walk would be helpful. Get the blood pumping!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I also go to the gym 6 days a week and either walk around the track or use the crosstrainer, i wear a HRM and per my nutritionists advice i stay between 136-156 for 45 minutes 3 days a week (these are the days where i also lift) and for the other 3 days i do about 60 minutes.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I disagree. What is the difference what size her meals are if she is keeping within her calories? It doesn't matter how you spread out the calories throughout the day. She could eat them all in one meal if she wanted to. It would have the same weight loss effect.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good for your activity level. Lunch could be healthier than the burger and tater tots, but it's not that bad either.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Not a bad foundation at all but could do with some tweaks: add in oily fish for omega-3s, hit nine servings of low sugar fruit and non starchy veggies in the full rainbow of colours (blue/ purple, red, orange/ yellow, green). Keep your processed/ refined/ junk down to 10% of daily calories - by all means have the Skinny Cow but then lose the Tater Tots and the burger bun if white, include more mineral rich foods (nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, cocoa powder).
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think ill do some fish or chicken a veggie and either brown rice or baked yam for lunch. I do take fish oil though as well :bigsmile:

Thanks for all the input!