Protein Shakes/ Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips, suggestions, and help everyone!! This is VERY helpful!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do shakes for 2 reasons.
    1. I try to eat a lot of protein, and some days a shake is the only way I can get to my goal. Also, it is liquid protein so it is good for after a work out.
    2. On crap food days (days that aren't balanced nutritionally) they help me to get things back in balance.

The draw backs:
    1. I still need that chewing feeling to feel satisfied so it never works as a meal replacement for me. They are always snacks.
    2. They tend to have just as many calories as a small meal, and a lot of people treat them as a beverage along with another meal. So remember, you drink a shake, you don't eat anything else at that meal time.
  • JulieSmiles1
    JulieSmiles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I really like GNC's Lean shakes. I used them for a while when I first started calorie counting. They were great at helping me feel full in the morning and not snack all day. I like any protein shake that is higher in protein, but lower in calories. I think the BNS protein shakes are pretty good too, but I find myself getting hungry still.