Anyone Have Ideas for Flavoring Coffee More Healthily?

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i actually use stevia in my coffee instead of any other artificial sweetener. its a 0 calorie natural sweetener. it took me about 3 mornings to get use to it, as it has a bit of an aftertaste. but its the only sugar substitute thats 100% natural and able to be digested by our bodies, unlike splenda, sweet n low, etc.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I really like the flavored splendas, french vanilla and hazelnut are the best
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee anymore (I had the worst caffiene headaches)...but when I did I would add a few sprinkles of cinnamon or nutmeg to the grounds before I brewed it...just like flavored coffee but without the extra price and cals. Also, I would only use 1% milk...no cream or sugar.

I added some cinnamon to the basket this morning..yum!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I too have just started drinking mine black. But it really took awhile. I had a latte addiction. I started out with the calorie filled yummy ones. Then I started getting them w/ skim milk and sugar free syrup. Normally in a 16 oz latte there are 4 pumps of syrup, so my next step was to get just 2 pumps of flavoring with skim milk. Then I went to just one packet of splenda. Now I'm drinking them plain. Like I said it was an adjustment, but the lower calories pay off.

One thing I also did in my regular coffee before I went black is that I used Hazelnut Splenda Flavor Blend packets.