NSV - My Baby Asked "Mommy, are you exercising today?"

Options
During breakfast this morning, my little girl asks, "Mommy, did you exercise today?" To which I replied, "Yep, mommy did a lot of exercising today...a whole hour and 30 minutes!" And with joy in her little voice she said, "WOW mom! That's very good! You are very healthy! Can I do it with you?"

"Of course you can!" I replied

My baby is only two years old (almost three) and I am so proud that she is starting to understand what exercise is and that it's important. I want to be a role model to her and set an example. Perhaps this is a small indication that I am making an impression on her. This makes it all worth it...

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Ah, that's cute. I think it's great that she's learning from her mom what being healthy is all about. Good work mom!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love that I am changing my life and setting a new example for my boys. (They are 6 & 8).

Good job MOM!!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    yep that great example how kids pick up what we do(good or bad). my little boy (3.5 yrs) alway try to workout with me!
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yeah! That's great!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    She's pretty special! :)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    What a sweet story! You are raising your little girl right!
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love this! My little three year old says --"Mommy are you doing your exercising"--it's so cute when he says it in his little voice! Congrats on your success!!!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome. I want this for my daughter so badly as well!
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That's super cute!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.

You are such a great role model for your young daughter. I healthy, strong woman. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    During breakfast this morning, my little girl asks, "Mommy, did you exercise today?" To which I replied, "Yep, mommy did a lot of exercising today...a whole hour and 30 minutes!" And with joy in her little voice she said, "WOW mom! That's very good! You are very healthy! Can I do it with you?"

"Of course you can!" I replied

My baby is only two years old (almost three) and I am so proud that she is starting to understand what exercise is and that it's important. I want to be a role model to her and set an example. Perhaps this is a small indication that I am making an impression on her. This makes it all worth it...

That is such an awesome story! Thank you so much for sharing :D
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My mom and I used to exercise with Jack Lalane every weekday morning.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    thats great! My 6 yr old loves to workout with me we crack up when we do it together its a fun bonding time! And she keeps me accountable!
  • matthej28
    matthej28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Probably the cutest thing I've read alll day!!!!!!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Excellent role model, Mom!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!
  • chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and what a great example you've set for her!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Talk about an awesome roll model! THIS is one of my main reasons for becoming healthy. I refuse to raise my children in an unhealthy environment.

Good for you!
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Too cute! My little one, 5 years old, will talk about needing to exercise when she puts on her skinny jeans and how much weight she's lost when she wears her jeans that are big. And she goes around asking me " and how many calories does that have?!"
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is such a cute story! Hehe :bigsmile:
  • RiaGiselle
    Options
    too cute!! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!