What exercise can be done with an injured foot?

Options
I can't run or walk as exercise if I want the injury to go away. So what should I do?

Replies

• lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What exactly did you injure? i sprained my ankle but was still able to do exercises that didn't put a lot of stress on the joint like the ellipitical and bike.

You could also do weights, do girl style pushups, sit ups, rowing machine?...
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Swim
  • rainynight3L33
    rainynight3L33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is but when it happens I just try to rest it(which is not really working). Thanks for the great suggestions!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I can't run or walk as exercise if I want the injury to go away. So what should I do?

Spin bike with no standing, good spin of course.

Lifting total body. Upper body stuff with free weights sitting. Lower body stuff on the machines that aren't pushing with leg, but leg extensions and curls.

Depending on injury, calf raises may still work.

Plantar of some sort?
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    First, ask your doctor. Maybe swimming?
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    what kind/how severe of an injury? could you ride a bike? the swimming is a good option too.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming!
  • rainynight3L33
    Options
    Swimming it is!
  • rainynight3L33
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Swim, ride a stationary bike, use an erg (rowing) machine, do a modified weightlifting program around your foot- for example, bench presses, seated overhead press, dips, chin ups, glute-ham raise, seated rows, and lots of other things can be done with a busted foot (depending on the injury). Don't forget the yes/no machine- good for some LOLs during an injury workout. =P
  • rainynight3L33
    Options
    Ok so injury is the wrong word to use. It's not that bad.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Sit ups, dumbells :smile:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Upper body work; Sit and Be fit videos. Chair Zumba if you can find it.

Can you swim ?
  • ror222
    Options
    My point od view swimming and bed rest is the best exercise for you because you need a bed rest and i think it is also a huge exercise for the treatment..biceps is also good for the exercise in the injured situation of foot...