Who Wants To Burn 3500 Calories A Week With Me?

Options
Well 2 weeks ago I started a personal challenge with myself to burn 3500 calories per week. I have done it but it is so much easier when you have ppl to do it with.

We can come and tell each other how we are doing for the day and what exercises we are doing. Just keep each other going and to help each other to achieve our weekly goals.

Whos in?

Replies

• latoiaoxner
    Options
    I would....Thats alot though...Gonna be some hard work but I would love the challenge!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    How do you burn 3500 calories a week?
  • NellyBlight
    NellyBlight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Can you tell me what you've been doing in order to meet your goal?
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Well I workout 6 days a week so that is about 600 calories a day.

Right now I am doing slim in 6 as my main program. I do my elliptical or go for walks and jogs.

So days I dont my 600 calorie burn so I make up for it on other days. Usually on thursday mornings I see how many more calories I need to burn to get to 3500 and then divide it by 3(which is how many days left for the week to workout) and then I know how many calories each day I need to reach my goal.
  • patelt
    patelt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in hun,

i've been to the gym today and manged a 6km run burnt 530 cals and 10mins on the cross trainer and burnt 120 cals, so after a 50 minute cardio workout i've managed to burn off 650 cals.................i only need to do this 5 times a week to achieve this goal.

good luck

tibha
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How weird!!!! I was just thinking about attempting the same goal of burning 3,500 calories a week this morning!!! So I'm game to join you in the challenge. So far this week I have only been averaging a little over 400 calories per day so I need to rev it up a little to get up to 500 calories per day. I had been thinking about putting together a strength circuit training routine and I'm sure I can get the extra calories from that. I'm doing a Beginning Runner's program right now which is a progressive run/walk program so eventually when I am able to eliminate the walking and run the whole time I should be able to get most of the 500 calories from the cardio. Anyway, count me in! :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am scurred, but I think I'm in.....!!

I'm training for a half marathon (ahem... Pikermi!!) so that should kill a pretty big chunk right there. Right now I'm at about 2820 per week.

Fun!!!!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for helping motivate each other to get to our weight loss goals easier.

Patelt: AMAZING calorie burn today! Wow Im tired just thinking about it lol

I know that even if I hit my calorie burn on fri I would still workout sat to get that extra burn going.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm in to! People think i'm crazy going to the gym and working out at home so much lately so I'm glad to find some like minded crazy idividuals :laugh: I haven't reached 3500 in a week though but I'm up for the challenge!
    My workouts include Riding my bike at home, or spin class if the weather isn't great. I just started running (this is my wk2) I am training for my first 10k on May 2nd! I also walk on my no running rest day. So far this week i've burned almost 2200 calories and my weeks start on mondays.
    What day does everyone else want to re-set for the week? I picked mon. only because my Heart Rate Monitor resets on mondays.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Yes! I was looking at my workouts this week and was very pleased. I burned a little over 500 Monday and again on Tuesday. And on Wednesday I burned over 900! I am definitely in for this, I want to keep pushing myself!

I like the 6 workouts/week=583 calories/workout. Maybe some days I'll do 400 and other days I'll do 700! Whooo, let's do this!
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for helping motivate each other to get to our weight loss goals easier.

Patelt: AMAZING calorie burn today! Wow Im tired just thinking about it lol

I know that even if I hit my calorie burn on fri I would still workout sat to get that extra burn going.

So, when you burn 3500 calories in a week, how much weight did you lose?
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Shera: I also do mon-sat. What kind of HRM do you have? I have a Polar F6 and LOVE it! Couldnt imagine w/o without it
  • BwnEyedWifey
    BwnEyedWifey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just started.. what is the best device to use thats reasonable price that helps you count your calories burned?
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you all in this challenge if I may, but I will have to start on Monday as going camping for a couple of days in the rain :laugh:

Is working out with weights counted to the total or just cardio?

econcha, Polar models are the most popular it seams, i have a F11. The F4 is the cheapest they do that counts calories, but i don't think it takes account of your personal stats so may not be the most accurate, the F6 is probably the best bet between price and function.
  • majikmeg
    majikmeg Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in!
  • psychojenn
    Options
    i was also thinking about doing this so im in:smile:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    econcha: I also agree with crux that Polar is the most popular. I have gotten about 6 of my friends to get them since I have. We all have the F6 model. Why not try ebay or kijiji and see if you can one.

It doesnt matter how you burn your 3500 calories as long as you are doing it :smile:
  • gabearismendez
    Options
    lets do it!, got ta start tomorrow though, i hit the gym 6 days aweek strength training, and been looking for a chalange to get much more cardio in the mix.. count me in. good luck to all..
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Shera: I also do mon-sat. What kind of HRM do you have? I have a Polar F6 and LOVE it! Couldnt imagine w/o without it

Polar F11 and I LOVE IT. It does all the things I need it to do, i'm right there with ya I can't imagine working out w/o mine. Some say HRM are not that accurate but I say it's better then counting on the gym machines and it gives me a better idea of what my body is doing by watching my heart rate not just calories burned