My realization...

Options
So, this may not be a big deal to a lot of people, but it's a HUGE win for me.

Today, I went from 'obese' to 'overweight' in my BMI.

I didn't really think about it before today, but that's a REALLY big deal to me. Sure, I was stoked about the weight, but I was more excited about the realization that I'm GENUINELY making the trek to better health.

I can barely sit still I'm so happy. That realization gave me renewed vigor. I SO look forward to the day that I go from Overweight to Healthy... :)

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Amen, girl! Me too!! I'm still a good 19 pounds from the "healthy range". *sigh* Can't wait to be there!
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    Great job! That's actually one of the milestones I'm really looking forward to. Just to be out of that "obese" range... It's such a nasty word, anyway.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That really is great! Congrats!
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Great job! That's actually one of the milestones I'm really looking forward to. Just to be out of that "obese" range... It's such a nasty word, anyway.

I agree. It is a nasty word. And keep on truckin'! You will get there, too!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Way to go!!!!
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yay, Lindsay! That's great! You're doing an awesome job. :D
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    what a nice accomplishment. I love the fact that we are all getting healthy. Keep up the good work.
  • amancay
    amancay Posts: 13
    Options
    that's so wonderful... HOORAY!
  • smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hurray!!! great accomplishment!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Lindsay,

I am so proud of you.... keep up the good work... glad to hear about the accomplishment!
  • JohnScribe
    Options
    Great job, I've always thought you were awesome, but I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself too. :)
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    You're sweet. Have you been taking lessons from Kal? *grin*
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    Hi! this was a huge milestone for me as well!! Your on your way!!!! congrats!!!
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    well done....I'm literally dreaming of that day and if I were u I would run down the street shouting "I'm overweight" lol x
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    AWESOMEEEEEE!!! Congrats!! thats so great!!!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's a huge accomplishment!!! When I went from overweight on the BMI into healthy weight, I was so excited. Even though there's still work to do, it's proof what you're doing is good and it's working. Congratulations, pat yourself on the back!
  • KalB
    KalB Posts: 42
    Options
    YAY!!!! Im so proud of you, and the fact that your are finding the things you need to be happy. So I expect a very long happy dance (do they have that on the exercise counter?) and celabrate. You have more then earned it.
  • JohnScribe
    Options
    You're sweet. Have you been taking lessons from Kal? *grin*

No way! She's so mean to me :P
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: I am so happy for you! I know when I went from "Morbidly obese" to "obese" it felt great! I'm so looking forward to continuing my journey to healthy and I'll be excited when I hit overweight too!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!