What is happening to me?!

Options
Hey guys, I am over weight and would like to take a journey to lose weight.
I currently weigh 390 pounds and I filled out MFP and said I should cut my calories to 2000 calories a day,

I tried going on a diet and deprived myself without knowing, I only have been consuming 700-900 calories a day TOTAL, I thought this would just speed up the process but I been feeling dizzy, weak and only get 2 hours of sleep per night. Should I ditch that 700-900 calorie diet and up the calorie content.

I tried doing this today and I feel like I am forcing myself to eat and it is so hard to eat to 2000 calories.

Replies

• vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ALSO if I did up my calories back up should I work them off? For example consume 2000 calories work off 500 calories or do I need to consume 2500 calories?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ALSO if I did up my calories back up should I work them off? For example consume 2000 calories work off 500 calories or do I need to consume 2500 calories?

If you follow the MFP model then yes. But you can alternately follow the TDEE-based model.

Start here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    If you weigh 390 lbs, I am calling BS on you not being able to eat 2000 calories a day. Gimme a break......thats just 4 meals of 500 calories a meal. I can eat that much in one freaking swallow. Do some research...and eat a sammich while you are doing it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Taso knows follow his advice.
    For more help later add drmerc as a friend.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Question? How did you get to be 390 lbs if eating 2000 calories a day is difficult?

Not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to point out to you how incredibly easy it is to eat 2000 calories. It seems like your brain has put a mental block on eating that amount. You need to move past it. If you continue to only eat 700-900 calories a day, you will end up in the hospital. Gradually ease yourself up to 2000 calories, if need be. But follow either MFP, or the links Taso posted. Don't try to take shortcuts. They never, ever work.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You have a eating disorder, get help
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I would add Fire_Rock and drmerc. They are really motivating and helpful. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Behind that rough exterior, he is the most caring and motivational friend a guy could ask for.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I would add Fire_Rock and drmerc. They are really motivating and helpful. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I concur!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!

Also, add DavPul and jofjltncb6. They also two of the most helpful, motivating, and kind individuals on this site. Good luck to you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You also got some good answers on the thread you started yesterday.

Oh: and I agree with the above poster regarding the motivation and encouragement of the four guys mentioned.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Behind that rough exterior, he is the most caring and motivational friend a guy could ask for.

Gives a great foot rub too!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!

Also, add DavPul and jofjltncb6. They also two of the most helpful, motivating, and kind individuals on this site. Good luck to you!
    ^^ THIS. Between those 4, you should have ALL the help and support you need :drinker:
  • vopat45
    Options
    Hey countryboy,

I dont know what happened, When I started a diet I ate strickly chicken breast yogart, carrots, zuchini, and downsized my servings dramaticly... I got so used to it after two weeks and felt great until the last 3 days... I have been feeling so tired, dizzy and not so great. You are right! Before I could sit down to eat a whole footlong sub, a soup and a large soda... Now I cant even finnish a 6 inch subway sandwhich and even then I gag to try to keep the food down.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Taso knows follow his advice.

This.
    I completely agree!

And this.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Gives a great foot rub too!

*pouting* he's never given me one...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eat more. :flowerforyou:
  • vopat45
    Options
    I been depriving myself, for the past 2 weeks and got really used to it.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Snack on healthy stuff lots... I cannot seem to stay under 2000 cals...
    I keep raw almonds in my drawer. Cottage Cheese. Cheese in general can be good for you and has cals and protein.

Add protein to a smoothie.

Include some more meat with your various meals.

Check your protein intake on the whole, as soon as I tried to fit my protein macros, I had a much harder time keeping my cals low. Often the items higher in protein are higher in calories.

You may not be able to have a 6" sub without feeling nauseous, so have two 3" subs an hour apart.
    You don't need to have massive meals to get the nourishment. Celebrate that your stomach may have shrunk some, and start giving it bits of food on a more regular basis to keep it happy and small.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hey countryboy,

I dont know what happened, When I started a diet I ate strickly chicken breast yogart, carrots, zuchini, and downsized my servings dramaticly... I got so used to it after two weeks and felt great until the last 3 days... I have been feeling so tired, dizzy and not so great. You are right! Before I could sit down to eat a whole footlong sub, a soup and a large soda... Now I cant even finnish a 6 inch subway sandwhich and even then I gag to try to keep the food down.

The loss of appetite is probably either because you have been restricting or you have developed an unhealthy relationship with food that is manifesting itself. Either slowly up the calories by a couple hundred a week. Add calorie dense foods so they do not fill you up as much (nuts and seeds, avocado, pasta, full fat dairy etc). Or, if you still are not able to do that I would advise seeking professional help.