Brother's wedding is in April!

Options
Okay boys and girls, my brother's wedding is in April and I don't want to look like a manatee in permanent pictures! I've got about 50 pounds I need/want to lose by then. Give me your best weight loss advice, what works for you, food ideas, give me what you've got! Help help help!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    First, April is only 4 months away, so 50lbs might not be a realistic goal(that is over 10lbs a month), however, you should be able to lose a good amount of it if you stick to a reasonable calorie deficit and incorporate some consistant exercise.

I'd recommend searching for the "In place of a roadmap" thread and start there....
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but looking for some as I have a wedding in June to go to!!
  • Ritzzy28
    Options
    Planning out your meals a head of time. :happy:
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    First, April is only 4 months away, so 50lbs might not be a realistic goal(that is over 10lbs a month), however, you should be able to lose a good amount of it if you stick to a reasonable calorie deficit and incorporate some consistant exercise.

I'd recommend searching for the "In place of a roadmap" thread and start there....

I'd like to be at least well on my way. I know that's a good chunk of weight to lose. I'd rather do everything in a healthy way, but at least a good bit off would help, you know?
  • Frankii_x
    Options
    My biggest piece of advice is drink water :) water water water water - I find myself having to justify myself at work why I'm running backwards and forwards to the toilet but it definitely works! xxx
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going on holiday with my boyfriend in April and I REALLY want to be able to wear a bikini and not a binbag so I'm happy to work towards that date with you :)

You need to work out what works for you. Is exercise a big part of it or is it more diet? I'm being purely mathematical at the moment. I want to lose 2lbs a week which equates to 7000 calories a week. So I'm ensuring that I burn 500 calories from exercise every day and eat no more than 1500 calories each day. In theory, that should work, but we'll see.

Also, if exercise is key for you (I don't lose anything unless I work out) then you need to constantly change what you're doing so your body doesn't get used to it and create a plateau. Jillian Michaels dvds are good for this, but you could also set challenges, like if you go running then increase the speed or distance each week.

Hope this helps. I'd love to do challenges with you if you fancy it. I'm less likely to quit if I'm doing it with someone!
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Right now I'm focused mainly on calories, but I want to start getting into the exercise portion as well. Things are a bit rough right now because I recently got a new job, so I'm trying to sort all that out.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    THat can be really difficult and you'll no doubt be really tired from learning new things and meeting new people that exercise will be really unappealing. I've got to face that next month too.

I think just being really honest with your calorie count and noticing when you're tempted to overindulge is really important. I get really snacky late at night so I've taken to drinking hot lemon and honey to curb the cravings. Working so far, unless there's chocolate in the house! lol.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Definitely plan out your meals, and drink lots of fluids to keep you hydrated. I think if you stick to a good plan you could definitely drop 50 by April, but getting through these holday's is the hard part.
  • EmmyLue1992
    Options
    a shot of vinegar every morning
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    a shot of vinegar every morning

Is this to make me lose my appetite every morning? lol
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    my best friends wedding is in april and i am a bridesmaid, and i know im not going to be anywhere near my goal weight but 50 pounds is my target too! good luck!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    switch up your exercise, i stopped losing after a while only doing walking so is started doing crunches, pushups and squats and started to lose again. water water water! drink a lot of water it is important to keep hydrated. make sure you are eating your tdee. make healthy choices, stick with boiled and steamed instead of fried, and get in that protein! it will help keep you fulll and you will be less likely to want to snack. 50 lbs by april may be a lot, maybe aim to lose a pound or two a week? if you tone up your body but don't lose the 50 lbs you will still look great. good luck and enjoy the wedding! also don't deprive yourself of things you love, that will kick you in the butt and you may end up bingeing and pigging out later on. have healthy alternatives to the foods you love, and if you can fit it in your calories for the day, then eat it!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Log the food you eat religiously. Stay within your calorie limits
    Do a steady ammount of exercise weekly. It's better to take it a little easier, and continue for the whole 4 months, than to go all out and give up in two weeks.
    Give up ALL alcohol and soda pop.
    Switch to lower calorie bread, or eliminate bread altogether.
    You can make some real big changes in four months....but you are going to have to stay focused.
  • EmmyLue1992
    Options
    The vinegar diet advises dieters to drink two table spoons of vinegar just before meals and follow the regime for a week to a month. If one finds it difficult to drink plain apple cider vinegar, it can be diluted with water or mixed with honey, lime juice, or maple syrup. The fact is that apple cider vinegar is quite sour in taste; drinking the vinegar just before meals usually leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth. This sour mouth makes the dieter feel less hungry. Thus, dieters tend to eat less or reduce food portion sizes. The acidic nature of the cider vinegar also helps to cleanse the body of toxins, improving the secretion of certain digestive enzymes that aid in better breakdown of food, thereby improving metabolism.