Motivation needed

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this. I'm looking to lose almost 80lbs and keep it off. My biggest problem is motivation. I find it very difficult to stay on a weight loss plan.
I lost 70lbs over two years ago in 6months on a very strict weight loss plan involving high protein intake including supplements and not that much exercise but since I stopped that diet (went on holidays and could never get back into it after) I have put most of the weight on again.
Mistakes I made were going on too strict a diet that was unsustainable, using a diet that was very far removed from normal healthy eating and also aiming for too low a weight. I was aiming for healthy BMI which would put me below 13st 7 lb/189lb (6ft tall). I have a heavy bone structure however and am of broad build so I think that is too low for me. I will aim for 15st (210lb) and see at that stage if I can sustain that and whether I should lose more.

I'm hope that I can use this site to motivate myself as I have tried lots of other methods without succeeding. Any advice people want to offer is more than welcome. At the moment, I am going to just try and stay within the calories allowed with as little junk food as possible, start walking for 20/30 mins X 4 per week and join a gym to start some weight lifting.

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Attitude is the key to motivation. We don't "diet". We eat healthy. We aren't in this just to loss weight. We're in it to change our life style. We go to the health club not the gym. Sticking to it is all attitude. It's all up to you. I've found some great people on this site to support me. I've also found some real jerks.you are worth your time, energy and effort. Now make it happen! Good luck!
  • westguy27
    westguy27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply japruzze, I am coming around to your way of thinking. It's just a matter of removing the idea that this is temporary and trying to think of it as a permanent lifestyle change. Easier said than done but I am determined to change. Thanks again and best of luck with your goal!
  • westguy27
    westguy27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it's been 9 months since I posted this. I've been using the app on and off over the last nine months but unfortunately haven't used it consistantly so as a result, there isn't much change from back then. I'm going to give it a real go now though so hopefully I'll shart shedding a few pounds in the new year. I'm going to start right now as I don't believe new years resolutions are ever really kept and that also means putting it on the long finger for a further two weeks! I believe I can eat healthily over Christmas and still have an enjoyable Christmas
  • lilinubo
    Options
    japruzze -- I loved you comment. I know it is difficult to see how are the jerks here!