Little by little...

Options
Hi, I'm Robin. I'm going to give this a real go... My post subject ("little by little") is something my pastor said today. We are the only thing holding us back. We are responsible for where we are in life. We need to make a change. Start somewhere...anywhere. Do a little bit everyday.
So, that is where I'm at. I feel, at times, so overwhelmed by all I have to accomplish. So, I'm just going to start & do a little at a time. I hope this site & all of you will help to encourage me! Thanks... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• obdigobin
    obdigobin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robin. I'm going to give this a real go... My post subject ("little by little") is something my pastor said today. We are the only thing holding us back. We are responsible for where we are in life. We need to make a change. Start somewhere...anywhere. Do a little bit everyday.
    So, that is where I'm at. I feel, at times, so overwhelmed by all I have to accomplish. So, I'm just going to start & do a little at a time. I hope this site & all of you will help to encourage me! Thanks... :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!
    This place is pretty cool and the people here are great resources and support.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    What a good saying....it's so true too, that we are the only people holding ourselves back. Great post!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Just start by logging your food, even if you don't make any changes until later. It will show you your problem areas like snacking or certain meals that are too fatty.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome Robin :flowerforyou:

You will find what you need on this site.

We are here for you :flowerforyou:

Future husband...here you come!! :love:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I know you have to be suffering down here in Texas, when you come from Canada!!! It's uggy now in Houston.

Make sure you read Mike's Blog at the top, full of great information.
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Sis!
    I'm so glad you decided to check out MFP!

It's fun, and it's somewhere or someone to be answerable to at the end of the day on your eating and exercise behaviours... and yet, all the while the only one you're still accountable is yourself, which is the only way this works, right?

It's fun, and there's so many great people on here... I met someone on this site who's from Franford, ON, which is just minutes northwest of Belleville! Small world!

Anyways, I'm really proud of you for giving this a go, and I'm here for you 100%!
    Love you,
    Jilly
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You have picked a great site to help with the new you. Read the posts from Banks about what to expect and about eating all your calories and you'll be on your way. (newbies 2nd edition) I am far away from home too, my family lives in Germany and I in Ohio... I have my husbands family but they are a little on the dysfunktional side:grumble: OK maybe more then a little.
    I have been trying to loose weight for a long time now, I would loose 40 pounds and put 60 back on... but this is something I can live with, just track your food and exercise and you should do great. I think it is great that your sister is on here too, I told mine about being here but I think she isn't ready yet.
    To a lot of loosing:drinker:
  • ChrisM
    ChrisM Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Robin My name is Chris and I am trying to lose 35lbs and could use all the help ai can get I will help you if you will help me.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome Robin! :) I hope you enjoy this site and have as much success with it as I have! :)