Not so new Newbie

Options
I have had MFP for a couple of years now but have been very inconsistent in using it.
The last of 3 children went off to college back in August and the hubs and I have been able to re-connect and are trying to get back into shape.
I have been using MFP for the last 3 months or so on a daily basis and would love to have some friends here as a support group since none of my rl friends use the program

Replies

• jacqueline509
    Options
    I too have been on here for awhile and looking for additional support. Loss 30 lbs and put half back on.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me LOVE my MFP Familia
  • Ksc1269
    Ksc1269 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie. We are almost in the 'empty nest' stage! One is on his own after graduating from college and we have a Junior in HS that we never see! We are both trying to lose weight now. Very strange time of life!!
  • KathySue362
    Options
    HI---

I would be very happy to be a part of your support team. I think we have some things in common and that we can help and support each other. I am 58 and am making a lot of changes in my life. I have 50 pounds to lose.

I tried to start in October and it turned out to be a bad time, but I have it together now and I've been doing so much better in the last few days, so I came back and am tracking now. I already feel as if I'm regaining control.

I am about to start walking again, that's my cardio of choice. I live in the country and do better walking outdoors than on a treadmill. I also have a kettle ball and the DVD to go with it that I haven't used yet. That's next.

I think it's a wonderful thing that we are reaching out before the holidays. I actually think i can eat healthy through the parties this year. I am giving a party for 30 family members on Christmas Eve day. It's the biggest crowd I have had in 15 years. My new commitment, that I know will work if I just make it happen, is to cut my flour and sugar intake by about 90%.

It looks like you are making real progress. Good for you! Let me know how I can help.