Happiness :o) ?

Options
will reaching your goal truly make you happy ?

Can you define happiness ? and what makes you happy now ?

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    happy? no.....i'll just be crabby and skinny.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... Introspection... Playin' with my mind!!!!

LOL. I don't honestly know if I'll ever be completely happy with a weight or size. It's all about the challenge, right? And seeing progress in all things, not just physically. Change is good, happiness is liking that change, I think.

Nice topic. :)
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Happiness, to me, is a lot of things.

Happiness is my children telling me they love me, and somehow always knowing when I need a hug.

Happiness is my cat curled up in my lap, purring like a tiny little motorcycle all the while.

Happiness is realizing that my husband loves me, no matter how I view myself right now.

It's rainy days, and a good book while soaking in the bath, and enjoying brushing my dog as much as he enjoys me doing it. It's also holding hands, and great big bearhugs, and knowing my friends care.

Happiness is going to be so different for everyone, and I believe that if you really loathe yourself and are SO vehemently unhappy that you just can't think straight, that you're probably not yet ready for this journey. It wasn't until I found peace and realized it was alright for me to be happy that this journey became real for me.

That's what happiness is for me..
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If by goal, you mean goal weight - well then, yes, probably for awhile. I'm not saying happiness comes from being a specific weight but reaching a goal provides satisfaction and achievement - which are part of how I define happiness.

What makes me happy now? (And I'm going to stick with my feelings of satisfaction and achievement and throw in feeling good about myself and optimistic about life in general to my personal definition of happiness).

Running, especially completing new times/races/distances
    Spending time with my pets (all six furry *kitten*)
    Husband
    Reading
    Crafting
    Hiking

That's just what comes to mind right off the top of my head while I'm at work. I'm interested to read other people's definitions of happiness.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Sure, reaching my goal will make me happy. But thats not all that makes me happy. There's a lot of stuff that makes me happy.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Reaching my goal weight, will contribute to my overhaul happiness.

There are many factors to being happy

And the weight lost is just a piece to the puzzle
  • ChrissyM
    ChrissyM Posts: 23
    Options
    Quality, stress free time with my husband and kids is what keeps me happy.
    Reaching my goal weight in itself won't make me happy but it will make me healthier so I can live a long life and have more time with my family.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    will reaching your goal truly make you happy ?

Can you define happiness ? and what makes you happy now ?

Happiness is found in serving God, my wifes smile, my kids laughter and helping others. Everythign else is temporary for me. But I am glad i am getting healthy because it will most likely help me serve God better, and live longer to enjoy my friends and family.
    Blessings,
    Ed
  • will4change
    Options
    Happiness is to me.
    Waking up every mornig and be alive and able to do the things that I did the day before!!
    I work in the medical field and it breaks my heart and makes me even more grateful for all that I CAN DO FOR MYSELF GOOD OR BAD!!
    It is tragic to wake up one mornig and not be able to even roll from one side to the other, and wait for other people to do stuff for you... Weight loss it is a journey and it is alittle better to travel when we realize that it took us not one day to put it one so it'll takes us may be twice as long. SO day will be worse than others for sure.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Being comfortable in my own skin makes me confident...and, yes, happy. So, on that note, YES, I do think that it would be another piece to the many things that make me happy!!! Not to mention...the accomplishment of reaching a personal goal is always gratifying.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't think that being thinner is all there is to happiness, but I do think it will make me feel better about myself, thus a bit happier.

I'll still have to deal with the same bull**** from people, I'll just look and feel better while doing so. :)

And what makes me happy now?
    - Things like getting a card in the mail yesterday from a good college friend, just saying she was thinking about me.
    - Winning hockey tickets at work today
    - Knowing that in one week I will be at the beach, surrounded by friends celebrating a friend's bridal shower
    - Having an old ex boost my self esteem today by saying he loves my boobs. Shallow, but I enjoy complments in any form.
    - Knowing that when I get off work in 15 minutes, I will be able to take out some frustrations on the poor eliptical machine.
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Being comfortable in my own skin makes me confident...and, yes, happy. So, on that note, YES, I do think that it would be another piece to the many things that make me happy!!! Not to mention...the accomplishment of reaching a personal goal is always gratifying.
    "it's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin
    And can't stand the company
    Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself
    And turn his heart to stone
    Tonight this fool's halfway to heaven and just a mile outta hell
    And I feel like I'm comin' home"

Bruce Springsteen
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    YES! Being skinny WILL make me happy...forever!!!! bwahahaha
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's not the destination, but the journey.

I'm happy right now. :wink:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Being thinner or a smaller size or a smaller number on the scale or measuring tape will not make me happy. Realizing I'm beautiful no matter what and that my boyfriend has been with me from 150 lbs. to 180 lbs. to where I'm at now and that I still get second-looks and people tell me all the time that I'm beautiful and looking in the mirror and loving my body is what makes me happy.

I have bad days where I hate my body & just want to my goal size, toned, fit, not overweight, etc.. I also have good days where I love my body and I feel sexy and nothing could change that... and this is me still overweight. So I think being "skinny" will be the same - good days and bad days.

I'll for sure be happy with my success in losing weight, though and reaching my goals.