Sketchers ShapeUps

Options
Has anyone tried these or a similar product? And what is your opinion?

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing people's reviews as well.
  • ting001
    ting001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like them. I bought the ones that don't look like tennis shoes so that I could wear them at work. I can feel the difference in my legs and core when I wear them all day. I don't think they are a substitute for working out as they claim, but I feel it can't really hurt to add them to what I am already doing. They are very heavy, so that may be a large factor in making you feel like they are doing extra, not just the rocking action.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pair and I don't really understand the theory behind them, as I think it offers a "short cut" to those that are looking for one to get in shape. I'm glad to see that most here aren't looking for it, but so many other people are.

What's wrong with conventional workouts? Sorry, my post wasn't really helpful! :tongue:

Taryn
  • jcunningham
    Options
    I work with some girls (nurses...so they do alot of walking!) who have used the Sketchers brand & they swear by them. I also work with a girl who tried the Avon brand first & wasn't as impressed...but honesty I have never worn them. They all said to be careful about not wearing them too long at first though.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I have them. I needed new sneakers and they were only about 20$ more than any other pair of sneakers I wanted so I figured I'd try 'em.

My legs have not become muscular and slendericious and my butt is not perfectly pert and I've owned and been wearing them for quite a few months now :wink:

They work just fine as a pair of white sneakers though - although, I can't use them to run/jog or on my elliptical as I could with a regular pair so I probably wouldn't buy them again.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I have the Curves Toning Trainers which are similar. I didn't get them for the toning so much and I can't really tell if it does that anyway, but I love them for walking and standing. They feel good and I think they do help with balance/posture. They are not good for cardio exercise though. I wore them to a bootcamp workout and it was hard to move around a lot in them. For walking they are great!
  • aprilwilliamsba
    aprilwilliamsba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Reebok EasyTones for walking and I really like them. I wear them anytime I know I'm going to be walking for a bit like walking the dogs or out shopping. They don't seem to do much when you have them on, but at the end of the day you can feel it in your calves and thighs. My only gripe is I don't think they're the best looking shoe.

I think any of these shoes are best for someone who is a big walker, not so much for a shoe to wear while exercising. I don't think they could replace any regular exercising, but if they are a little extra umph when you are running errands why not!? :)
  • Alexis1227
    Options
    I have a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups and LOVE them!
    When I walk, I can feel "the burn" in my calves and thighs way more than when walking in regular shoes.
    Also, my back doesn't hurt when I stand or walk for long periods of time like it used to do.
    I wear them to work (daycare) and it makes it much easier to be on my feet for hours.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I enjoy wearing mine. A couple of weeks ago I purchased them in sandals. Same shape in a pretty flip flop. Also purchased a pair of their other sandal type. Always bought boo boos before (cheap brand) but I am worth it now. Then sandals weren't expensive about $49 and we have a Sketcher store in one of our malls.:flowerforyou:
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    Believe me, I didn't post this topic looking for answers of ways to get out of working out. I do that almost everyday and at great intensity.

I have seen a couple of nurses at work wearing them and was just curious as to the claims of the marketing and the results, if any.

I guess it couldn't hurt to wear them if you were doing it as a means of extra toning while at work.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have the Reebok Easy Tones. I wear them to and from work and sometimes during (when I'll be on my feet all day). I also wear them to the gym if I'm doing the treadmill. I have had them 3 months and I totally see a difference!! My Butt has lifted and firmed.
    My legs are getting more toned and my thighs are a little bit thinner (not much) but definately see the difference in my butt. It's gotten more round and firm (kinda bigger in a good way). But really they are only walking shoes and shouldn't "replace" workouts. But I like that I feel like I'm doing a little workout even when I'm really not.

P.S. The Reeboks aren't as un-cute as the Sketchers. (In my oppinion). They just look like regular sneakers.
  • Allie1986
    Options
    I have the Reebok Easytone shoes and love them! I was recently in a car accident and injured my back, so right now the only thing I can do is walk. You really feel your legs working with them on. I would not substitute them for normal exercise, but they can probably help you see results faster!
  • julesmcclelland
    Options
    I bought the FitFlops last year and was pretty disappointed. I basically bought $50 flip flops that are not very attractive. ha ha
    I gave them a good try, too. No difference. I will say that they are comfortable and I still wear them when I'm going to be out walking for a long time during the hot months in Texas.

Maybe the sneakers are more effective... I'll just stick to working out, though.