over induldged..fell urgh

Options
Hi everyone! I apologise in advance for the length of this post.

So here's the deal. Over the past couple of days I have overindulged like CRAZY! I am usually super healthy (to the point that my friends'/family call me a rabbit and "mock" me for what I eat! Its all good natured though..) Since my dad will be working overseas for christmas and my brotehr will be travelling South Asia with his girlfriend, my family and I have celebrated christmas early. I haev a large family and my dad is Greek which means..FOOD!! I don't even want to THINK about the calories I have consued since saturday!! If I had to guess..honestly (this is bad) I'd say I was eating anything fro 5-10,000 cals a day.

I am 21 years old and throughout my teens suffered terribly with eating/weight issues. I am now a healthy 128 pounds at 5 foot 5 inches and workout 5-6 times a week (cardio and weights) About a year ago I made the decission to ditch the weighing scales. For years I was weighing myself religiously up to 3 times a day. I decided it was healthier to go by how I felt, how I looked, and how my clothes fitted. Plus since I started doing a lot more weight training I became aware that I may gain but due to muscle, but considering my history I knew that if I stpped on the scales and saw a 2pound increase I'd freak out and basically not eat for a week!

Anyway..so yeah. Past few days..eaten like CRAZY! And now exercise. Because I'm usually such a health/fitness freak I've had a totally "*kitten* it" attitude. I won't see my dad or brother for a few months so decided just to enjoy myself. As I said I don't weigh myself, but I feel as though I LOOK so much bigger...especially in my face. I of cvourse expect my stomach to have bloated like crazy but I feel my face just looks rounder and especially under my chin. Is it possible for weight gain to show physically in just 2 or 3 days..or is this in my head? I plan on getting straight back onto the healthy bandwagon tomorrow (with a 6am BodyCombat class..eek!!) I feel really guilty and horrible for what I've put my body through. My mu is telling me that the weight I think I've gained physically is in my head. She keeps saying it takes at least 2 weeks for weight gain to actually SHOW rather than just numbers on a scale. So what's everyones thoughts? Also considering the crazy amount I have eaten, should I go straight back to the healthy 12-1400 cals a day? (all veggies/fruit/meat) or should I cut it back to around 800 cals a day for about a week?

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you're already near the weight range you want to be at (128 lbs), I don't think a few days of pigging out will make you look the way you're thinking. Sure, it will lead to that but only if you keep those eating habits on a day to day basis.

Just go back to your daily maintenance/deficit amount and stop freaking out. :)
  • Pema10
    Pema10 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree with Text, let it go. Don't beat yourself up. Resume your practice and have fun.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other posters.. I can tell you if i eat pizza and drink dietvsoda i can retain about 7 pounds of waterr which goes away two days later!