Cardio (quietly) at home during winter

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm just concerned about doing cardio while it's cold outside and also while my boyfriend is asleep during the wee hours of the morning. I really wanted to get a standing stationary bike and that would be ideal but they are much to expensive (even the used ones).
I would love some recommendations on what I could do. I was considering jumping rope but even that is too noisy. I get a good heart rate from my weights exercise but it's nothing compared to that of running.
Anything will help! Thanks!

Replies

• ShellyShuey
    Options
    Ripped in 30/Jillian Michaels. You can get it on iTunes...
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    If you're really interested in stationary bikes, check craigslist. That's where I've gotten all of my gym equipment. Sometimes, you can even get it for free.

As for "quiet cardio", pop in a video and put it on mute. You can throw your headphones in for music to keep you going and just follow the moves on the tv.
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com actually has a video for "quiet cardio" for apartment living and such. Hope this is helpful! :)

Found it
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Quiet-Cardio-Workout-Low-Impact-Apartment-Cardio-Workout/dm/

It's 22 minutes and can burn 6-9 calories per minute
  • mrs_a_parrill
    mrs_a_parrill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have a Pinterest account check out the Health and Fitness section they usually have some really good examples.
    Also you could try

-40 jumping jacks
    -30 seconds of jogging
    -rest
    -10 burpees
    -30 seconds squat
    -rest
    -60 second high knees
    -45 second butt kicks

or really any type of cardio I like to make up my routine as I go along. Just slip some headphones on and work it out!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8CRUrRekOQ

I LOVE THIS VIDEO! I do it over and over!!!
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Go to walmart or something and get one of those little steppers. You can get it for about $100, and it's great cardio.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    why not just layer up with clothes and go for a walk/run? I'd do it, but right now, I get off of work at 6ish and it's pitch black outside and don't feel comfortable. If you feel comfortable, go for it.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bumping to check links later :glasses:
  • gabbygee1
    Options
    Awesome link! Thank you!
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com actually has a video for "quiet cardio" for apartment living and such. Hope this is helpful! :)

Found it
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Quiet-Cardio-Workout-Low-Impact-Apartment-Cardio-Workout/dm/

It's 22 minutes and can burn 6-9 calories per minute
    Fabulous link. Haven't tried it yet but what a great concept!

I find even my stationary bike is too noisy for when my partner is on nights and sleeping during the day, or in the early mornings. I tend to focus on weight/strength training at these times or yoga.
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this will be "quiet" enough for you, but I find Adrienne White's hiphop dance routines on youtube a lot of fun. Works up a sweat too! :)
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My grandson has afterglow wireless headset. It works on gamebox,cell phone, computor and TV. Good investment you can then do the Youtube or the TV or the DVD, you will hear it and no one else.