Finally sharing my before and after pics

Options
byrnet18
byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I am 28. I had been overweight my whole life. I am 5'7" and at my heaviest I was 232 lbs and wore a size 20-22 pants. I wore an XL shirt and I don't even know what size of dress and I never wore dresses. I had done the typical half *kitten* attempts to lose weight but always ended up gaining back what little bit I lost.
My husband and I have been together since high school so he has been with me when I was my heaviest. He was always a very active guy and in the last few years he started mountain climbing and rock climbing. I never went because I was too out of shape to enjoy the activity.
I am a nurse and I saw on a daily basis people that didn't care enough about themselves to take care of their health. I knew that I didn't want to be anything like them. I wanted to take control over my life and my body. I decided in August of 2010 to start cutting down my portion sizes, watch my sugar/carb intake, and start making myself exercise. Just doing those things, I lost about 50 pounds in the first 6 months or so. I had a goal in mind (160 lbs) so I kept going every single day until I reached my goal which was January 2012. Then I decided I wanted to set a new goal, I wanted to get to 150 lbs. So I started lifting heavy weights at the gym, tweaked my diet to break through plateaus and kept going. I reached my 2nd goal in October 2012.
I am happy to say that over the last year and a half I began climbing mountains and rocks with my husband, in fact, I out climb him :) He has to tell me to slow down. I started enjoying running, I can out run him by miles. It feels so good!!!
I now wear a size 8 in pants, a medium/small shirt, and a size 6 dress. I try every day to make the best choices for food and exercise, and I enjoy being confident in my new body. I am going to try to post some pictures, I've never posted pictures before so I really hope I can figure this out.

DSC00259_zps046e51b6-1_zpsb8321a45.jpg
Beach-HikingTrip203_zpsa59dda06.jpg
Beach-HikingTrip047_zpsa8fc544a.jpg
DSC01067_zpsf1f79ed4.jpg
IMG_5353_zps25f5b9c1.jpg
IMG_5352_zps9c0d55d1.jpg
IMG_4705_zps30e0fba9.jpg

Replies

• byrnet18
    Options
    Holy hell!! Those pictures are HUGE. Sorry...didn't mean for them to be so up close and personal lol
  • Verla7
    Verla7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Good for you! I need to loose about the same amount, I am down 20 as of today, any words of wisdom?
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you look gorgeous and so happy!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing. I would have never guessed by your now pic that you ever had a weight struggle.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goals! You are beautiful! :drinker:
  • roxyhourican
    roxyhourican Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome !!!! congratulations :)
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Great job. I love these kind of threads.
  • Mara_816
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome job! Congrats on your weight loss! Also, thank you so much for sharing your story. I began my weight loss journey at the about the same height and weight as you so seeing the before and after pictures was very encouraging for me. :smile:
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!! outstanding job!
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You should be proud of yourself- at a distance AND up close and personal ;)
  • byrnet18
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I never would have ever imagined that I would be an inspiration to anyone, it just goes to show that if you really want something, you'll do what it takes to get it.
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really look great. You have came a long way. I don't know you but I'm so happy for you. Congrats.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Amazing, congrtaulations xx
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job & all your hard work has definitely paid off - :flowerforyou: - congrats

Just wanted to add that your 'home' is in one of the most beautiful places ..... your picture backdrops are fab - slightly jealous here !!!!! :wink:

Well Done :bigsmile:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! And the amount of perseverance and dedication it must have taken to lose 10 lbs in 9 months..unbelievable:noway:
    Like someone said i dont know you but i am soo happy for you.Again Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    All your hard work has really paid off. Congratulations, you look fantastic! :)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and so very happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!