only down 1 pound

i cant belive im only down one pound this week i worked really hard controlling my eatings and didnt once go over my calories .. i didnt exercise much maybe that would help more? any suggestions please.... Im a big girl so i should be losing more than one dinky pound:sad:

Replies

• Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    i cant belive im only down one pound this week i worked really hard controlling my eatings and didnt once go over my calories .. i didnt exercise much maybe that would help more? any suggestions please.... Im a big girl so i should be losing more than one dinky pound:sad:
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Hey, one pound is great! Better than gaining!!

But I do understand what you're saying. If you're staying close to your allowed calorie limit, just hang in there--it'll come off. It could be water caused by something you ate just before you weighed. My mom did the same thing (she lost over 100 lbs.), and it was caused by certain foods she ate a day or two before weigh in. For her, it was cabbage or anything in the cabbage family. And I've seen it in other people, so I know it's real.

Regardless, you can do this! Just keep doing what you know is right.

Judy
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    I have to lose 57 pounds so im big too. I have been losing 1 pound a week since i started and i think that is the healthiest weight loss. A pound is heavy weigh out a pound of sugar on your food scales and then hold it in your handsit is a good bit to lose.
    Keep your chin up you have done really well ok.

pamela x

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Are you weighing and measuring your food? It really helps me keep in check since my eye is larger than what an actual cup really is :noway:

I also log before I eat to make sure I make good choices :wink: Example I had over 400 cal left one day and thought oh maybe I could have an individual Donato's thin crust pepperoni pizza, so I looked up the calories and 650 calories :frown: , so I made 100 Thomas muffin with tomatoe sauce and 2% cheese broiled till golden brown for 190 calories, not quite the same but worked!!

Wishing you the best :drinker: !
    24167.png
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Congrats on your pound! YEY!!!

And then I met a girl who didn't loose a pound.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey, first of all....1 pound is great! I think people get caught up in needing to lose a lot more than that..but a pound is a pound....picture a pound of butter off your body now!! That's no small thing!

That being said, I do understand the frustration. When I started at 270, I would have pretty consistent losses of anywhere from 2-4 lbs for a LONG time (3 being the average)...of course as I have lost and gotten smaller (down 87 lbs now)...it has slowed a bit..but I still lose around 2 a week MOST weeks. Of course, sometimes my body decides to mess with my head or maintain or lose a tiny bit but then, all of a sudden I will have a 4 lb loss, like it catches up suddenly.

I guess what I am trying to say is every body is different and weight-loss is not really an exact science and your body can definitely play games.

I definitely log everything..even down to a tsp of mustard! I measure everything, with measuring spoons, cups and my food scale..so I know exactly what I am getting. I keep myself honest that way.

Exercise could help, though I didn't exercise a lot at first and was losing consistently by just cutting calories. It could be anything really...or it could just be a slow week! Who knows! Just keep on going and you will reach your goal before you know it!

You are doing great!!

-Tami
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    thanks to all you. really made me feel a bit better. :flowerforyou: