There is no secret ingredient...

Options
"There is no secret ingredient"... That's just a silly little quote from a funny kids movie (Kung Fu Panda to be exact) but there is so much truth in it. The quote is from a dad talking to his son. It basically means you don't need to add anything to yourself to be special. God has already made you special. Each of you are amazingly beautiful. If your husbands/boyfriends/kids, etc haven't told you that today, then they must be temporally blind. You are the most beautiful you there ever will be. Doesn't matter if the scale registered a loss today or not. You are perfect but I am glad we are all working to become healthier. I am so proud of you, and so proud to be your friend. Your really doing it, your really becoming a healthier you and NO ONE (!!!) can ever change that or take it away from you. Change takes courage and your braver and stronger than you ever thought. I know i prob sound like a broken record to some of you, but the truth always deserves to be repeated. You have inspired me, and amazed me. Stand tall and know that even if there was a "secret ingredient" you wouldn't need it. Your simply fabulous just the way you are today.

I love you dearly, and pray for you nightly. :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love that movie.

I also like "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift...that's why we call it the present."

I also love your encouraging, upbeat messages.:wink:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This is so true!! Everytime I say something about my weight loss goals or how I'm gonna be "hot", instead of telling me I am hot or something else superficial... my boyfriend simply tells me he likes me just the way I am. :happy: This definitely keeps me going because I know that once I'm hot in my eyes...the man is going to be crazy. :blushing:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Ed, the bristly, trying-not-to-cry, rough-around-the-edges part of me is going to tell you that you just SUCK for making me tearful today.

Thanks. *smile*
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow! What a super thing to say .... Put a smile on my face! Thanks for that!
    Happy Days!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Skadoosh :)
  • valleyp
    valleyp Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you so much! You are just awesome!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just the upbeat thought I needed to push me to bootcamp today. I stopped counting all of my calories (and gained back) but the truth is I am healthier now than ever before, no secret ingredient needed (although the sweat should count for something)! Thank you for the extra motivation!
  • justme73
    justme73 Posts: 5
    Options
    God Bless You, Ed!!!! You are truly one of Gods' knights!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just the upbeat thought I needed to push me to bootcamp today. I stopped counting all of my calories (and gained back) but the truth is I am healthier now than ever before, no secret ingredient needed (although the sweat should count for something)! Thank you for the extra motivation!
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    You are a good man. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey Ed, I read this a little later than most, but when i did it was like a divine appointment. Thank you for being such a blessing to so many! You are awesome my friend!