30 day shred

Options
anyone else doing Jillian MIchaels 30 day shred?
i am on day 5, and i am finally getting to where it doesnt hurt to move... lol. i am still a little sore but definitly better. If you are doing or have done it, how is it for you?

Replies

• emilynw10
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 10... thank God. I hate level 2 so much :( It's been really difficult to push through it. I'll get ready to do it and at the last minute decide to go run instead because it's easier.
  • shatcher80
    shatcher80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred today. I like the intensity so I plan to stick with my diet and see if I can lose at least 5 pounds by the end of the program.
  • jkay2244
    jkay2244 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on day 7 level 1 and I am still struggling. I pause for the recommended 5 secs at least 3 times and i am dreading level 2 and 3. I have seen before and after pics for some ladies.
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've done level one just randomly over the last couple months but I did it yesterday and it was almost easy....so I think I'm ready for level two. In the beginning I could barely do the jump rope and the butt kicks. Now I can do them without stopping. Feels good to notice progress.
  • bemoir
    bemoir Posts: 10
    Options
    i just finished level 1 day 8 about ten minutes ago. i took my measurements last monday, and again just now and they're basically the same :( i lost an inch in each arm though. i guess i shouldn't be too discouraged, it's only been a week, but i saw pictures where some girl apparently lost a few inches after just 5 days. i can't say if that was true or not, but i'd just like to lose 35 pounds in one day and get it over with haha, compared to day one, i can feel myself getting stronger, and i'm having an easier time with the cardio. i can't wait til i can start to SEE results as well as feeling them. i'm nervous for level 2, i hear it's pretty tough. i didn't plan on taking any days off (i did 8 days in a row) but i think after each set of 10 i'll take a day off. my ribs dislocate very easily and one of them it starting to hurt haha. anyways, good luck everyone!
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    I am also doing 30 DS. today I start day 6 & am finally able to move without feeling sore too LOL. I guess Im not the only one! I havent lost weight or taken follow up measurments yet but I do feel my stomach shaping!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 level 2 this morning. I can almost do all the strength movements without lowering my arms, I have such lame upper body strength lol.

omg Planks ! Like I hated jumping jacks level 1 I am hating planks level 2 lol but it is all good
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm back on day 2 of level 1. in the summer I got half way through level 3. I found I didn't really like all the jumping in level 3. I liked level 1 and 2 though.

in the summer I was doing some bootcamps at the gym and the 30ds was just extra and I could do everything. Now I'm back to being wimpy :( Must work harder!
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    has anyone gained weight??!?!??! im on day 5 and decided to weigh in and i have gained 2 pounds! i almost screamed!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Are your muscles sore? I always find I temporarily gain weight when my muscles are sore.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Your body will retain water to repair your muscles. Unless you ate 7,000 calories over what your body expended, you didn't gain 2 real pounds.

Take measurements instead of the scale, that will tell you if you are burning fat.
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 1 Day 6 and am just starting to be able to get through it without a 5 sec break. Luv the abdominal crunches! I like to feel the "knot" she talks about in my stomach. At least I know something is getting done. Anxious to see what my loss will be after the 30 days!!!
  • Liz12mae
    Options
    Are your muscles sore? I always find I temporarily gain weight when my muscles are sore.

they are definitley not as sore as they were the firs few days. it is just so frustrating to see the scale go up when i still have like 35 pounds left to loose. :(
  • Liz12mae
    Options
    I am on Level 1 Day 6 and am just starting to be able to get through it without a 5 sec break. Luv the abdominal crunches! I like to feel the "knot" she talks about in my stomach. At least I know something is getting done. Anxious to see what my loss will be after the 30 days!!!

i have a real hard time with the bycyle crushes i feel like i just cant do them right, but i still try the whole time, hopefully i will get those figured out.
  • dschinaa
    dschinaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 8 and I have to say I hate it with a passion.:D Well, it's not THAT bad, but it's still no fun. I much preferred level 1 and look forward to starting with level 3. I haven't lost a significant amount of weight/inches but I do feel much stronger and I think I've toned up a bit. I'm thinking of doing ripped in 30 next, or the butt bible. Oh and it definitely does get easier! :) Good luck everyone.
  • Liz12mae
    Options
    Your body will retain water to repair your muscles. Unless you ate 7,000 calories over what your body expended, you didn't gain 2 real pounds.

Take measurements instead of the scale, that will tell you if you are burning fat.

im trying to figure out how to take mesurments correctly so i take them in the same spot every time... any suggetions?
  • jessicamc90
    jessicamc90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the complete 30 days after new year so Jan 2nd but I did a little of level 1 today to see what it is like and oh my word! My legs are so sore. I have not got a mat yet (as I have hard wooden floor) So I didnt do much ab work as it would kill my back off. I could not finish all of it, which I am mad at myself at. Hopefully it gets easier to complete.
    Also my feet hurt after all the jumping so I had to take a few 5 sec breaks. MY feet are fine now its just when I did the jumping jacks and butt kicks. My trainers are fine and 6 months old.
    Plus I can not do push ups yet - not even the easier ones.
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    has anyone gained weight??!?!??! im on day 5 and decided to weigh in and i have gained 2 pounds! i almost screamed!

I gained weight at first, about 3.5 pounds, but it came off a pound a day few days later. Just stick with it. When your muscles are torn and sore, your body retains more water to heal them. When you are no longer sore, you will notice the weight falling off again. Just keep it up! :)
  • Liz12mae
    Options

I gained weight at first, about 3.5 pounds, but it came off a pound a day few days later. Just stick with it. When your muscles are torn and sore, your body retains more water to heal them. When you are no longer sore, you will notice the weight falling off again. Just keep it up! :)

thanks, i need people to keep telling me this. lol
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 2 this morning. Oh my lanta its hard. I love it though. Level 1 started out hard for me, but by the end, I was almost bored with it. I could get through the workouts (Watching Natalie) and barely breaking a sweat. But when I did day 1 of level 2 yesterday, I about died. I am hoping it gets easier. I am sure it will, just like level 1 did. Level 2 just has a lot more upper body strength moves, and I REALLY lack upper body strength. I'm going to stick with it though. I might stay on level 2 longer than 10 days, I want to feel comfortable with it before I move on to level 3.